3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #1  

Skinnyman

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Just completed 50 hr. service (65 hrs. on tractor). After changing hyd. fluid and filters I noticed the 3 pt. hitch takes 5 secs. to start lifting and thats after cycling it through several cycles. Lifts find, just slow to start. I haven't used the tph a lot but I don't remember it being that slow to engage. Checked hyd. fluid level several times, fluid is at correct level. Hyd. for loader and grapple working find. Any suggestions or does this seem normal. Still under waranty so no to worried.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #2  
Check the 3pt rate control knob in the center of the tractor (between the hyd filter and the rear diff lock pedal) below the seat. Make sure it all the way to 'Rabbit'.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235
Already checked that. Its set all the way to fast. Unit comes up ok, just slow to start.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #4  
Seems strange, did it do it before? Any change from hot to cold? What is it like when you are driving it? Is it slow to react going down or just up?

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #5  
Im not sure but I think the control knob only controls the rate of decent

Its only slow to recact comming up. Fluids were warmed up so I don't think that's the issue. It has been awhile since I used the tph with the roto tiller but as I remember it would start comming up as soon as it was engaged. It may not be releated to the recent fluid change. When you guys engage your tph does it come up immediately. I don't think this in normal. Didn't want to go to the dealer if I could correct it myself.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #7  
I just went out and checked mine. With my tractor being cold it is slow but not 5 seconds slow, maybe 2-3 tops. There is a delay but not 5 seconds.

Sounds strange to me, but prob worth a call to yr dealer if you have confidence in there service department to see what they say. Sorry couldnt be of more help.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #8  
BTW what RPM's are you trying it at? Any faster lift with higher RPM?

Tried several rpm ranges upto the PTO rpm. Even to get it to respond at around 5 secs. I have to cycle it numerous times.

/ 3 Pt. Hitch Slow to Start Lifting On CT235 #10  
I have been using mine all night with a back box, even at lower RPM's mine reacts almost instantly.
Good luck