Lazy Hydro Pedal

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #31  
There is a new dampner available part #7022773. It has 2 springs in it, 1 inside the other. I put it on mine and makes a huge difference. This dampner is visually different, it does not have the fluid check hole at 9:00 o'clock position on side of the housing. It still has the drain plug at the bottom.

I'll look at mine and see if it is the new one, it is supposed to be but it could have got mixed up. Is the only difference you can see the check hole?

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #32  
There is a new dampner available part #7022773. It has 2 springs in it, 1 inside the other. I put it on mine and makes a huge difference. This dampner is visually different, it does not have the fluid check hole at 9:00 o'clock position on side of the housing. It still has the drain plug at the bottom.

Did they charge you for it or was it under warranty?
If they charged you how much was it?

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #33  
I'll look at mine and see if it is the new one, it is supposed to be but it could have got mixed up. Is the only difference you can see the check hole?

Here are pics of the new one installed and the old one. They removed the phillips screw check plug as a visual aid to indentify.

Attachments

• Pedal Dampner 001.jpg
    Pedal Dampner 001.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Pedal Dampner 002.jpg
    Pedal Dampner 002.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 292
   / Lazy Hydro Pedal #34  
Did they charge you for it or was it under warranty?
If they charged you how much was it?

The price can vary by dealer because they may take different mark up. Suggested price is about $215. My dealer & I split the cost because we both wanted to see if it made much difference. It does make a difference provided you are running at 2/3 throttle (1900 RPM) or higher. The HST is designed to run at higher speed and requires the flow from the charge pump to serve 3 functions. 1 - supply cooled oil to replace what was dumped through case drain, 2 - provide pilot pressure oil for the tread pedal to stroke & destroke the pump, & 3 - supply enough oil to create a back pressure on the low pressure side of the HST motor to prevent free wheel/coasting.

I found that when running around 1500 rpm when backing up to connect an implement the pedal comes to neutral but tractor may not stop immediately because of the lower charge pump flow.

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #35  
The price can vary by dealer because they may take different mark up. Suggested price is about $215. My dealer & I split the cost because we both wanted to see if it made much difference. It does make a difference provided you are running at 2/3 throttle (1900 RPM) or higher. The HST is designed to run at higher speed and requires the flow from the charge pump to serve 3 functions. 1 - supply cooled oil to replace what was dumped through case drain, 2 - provide pilot pressure oil for the tread pedal to stroke & destroke the pump, & 3 - supply enough oil to create a back pressure on the low pressure side of the HST motor to prevent free wheel/coasting.

I found that when running around 1500 rpm when backing up to connect an implement the pedal comes to neutral but tractor may not stop immediately because of the lower charge pump flow.

According to my dealer, they've had lots of experience with this issue. They tested the pressure you're talking about and found it was lower than it should be. That was consistent with what they had seen in the past with lazy hydro pedals and their fix was replacing the HST. Kioti requested several pressure readings that my dealer had to come back out to take and Kioti provided a replacement HST under warranty, so I'm inclined to believe it's not just an over zealous dealer. I hope another fix is found, because not everybody can or will have their HST replaced, but that was the bottom line for me.

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #36  

My latest dampener has a allen plug on the top of it. It was made 10-24-11.

/ Lazy Hydro Pedal #40  
How is it working for you? Notice any difference?

I have had 2 new ones and the current one acted up after a couple of hours. I think they are going to check something on the hydrostat.