buy or build a cab?

/ buy or build a cab? #1  

4bangdan

Bronze Member
Tractor
bobcat ct122
was checking into a cab for my ct 122 and the best i could come up with was a sims cab depot cab, indy series, for over 4,000 dollars. and thats with vinyl curtain right side and vinyl rear panel. decent cab but not worth that kind of money i think. i just ordered 96 feet of 1x1 square tubing .100'' wall for 88 cents per foot, so i guess im gonna try and build myself a cab instead. anyone else going that route we can all throw in some sugestions i guess. i also found a heater at our local tigercat dealer, $110 brand new with its own switch for high and low. safety glass might be more expensive than plexi glass but is way better. thats gonna eat up my budget real hard. i hope to spend no more than a thousand dollars. it will be all metal and glass with 2 doors and a metal back panel and 2 wipers and a heater. if my budget holds, an xm radio!

/ buy or build a cab? #2  
There is a guy in the Kioti forum that built his own. Very excellent craftsmanship too. Not sure if it was for a CK20 or the bigger CK27/30/35 chassis. Worth searching for. One of the best home-grown projects I've seen. Very professional.

That's a big project to take on. But, I agree, the sims cab isn't worth what it costs. I think I recall one being sold on ebay for less than $3K. Might want to check that out too.

/ buy or build a cab? #4  
Do a search in the build it yourself forum. I think I saw a couple of cab projects in there not too long ago.

/ buy or build a cab? #5  
I know you probaly looked allready, but check ebay I was looking for something else the other day but ran across a couple for Kioti/Bobcat they were about $1400 but it said it needed a canopy top to work if I see it again I will post the link

They were soft side but at least it would keep the wind off of you

/ buy or build a cab?
well i started builing my cab last weekend and got the framing all done. no issues yet. took many pics and will post later. i got alot of ideas from deon's cab. he did one **** of a job with it, did my framing the same way, all one peice, welded. not sure about installing tempered glass like deon did. our auto glass salesman gave me a strange look and said why when i asked for tempered over safety. he said he sells a bunch of glass to a local guy that builds many cabs and he only uses saftey glass. any input on this would be appreciated before i get too far in this. i will be welding the sheet metal on this weekend. ordering the glass soon after.

/ buy or build a cab? #8  
was checking into a cab for my ct 122 and the best i could come up with was a sims cab depot cab, indy series, for over 4,000 dollars. and thats with vinyl curtain right side and vinyl rear panel. decent cab but not worth that kind of money i think. i just ordered 96 feet of 1x1 square tubing .100'' wall for 88 cents per foot, so i guess im gonna try and build myself a cab instead. anyone else going that route we can all throw in some sugestions i guess. i also found a heater at our local tigercat dealer, $110 brand new with its own switch for high and low. safety glass might be more expensive than plexi glass but is way better. thats gonna eat up my budget real hard. i hope to spend no more than a thousand dollars. it will be all metal and glass with 2 doors and a metal back panel and 2 wipers and a heater. if my budget holds, an xm radio!

Hey all you Bobcat owners here is a cct225 cct230 cct235 cab that will work for you and more models on the way shortly hit the link ROPS Tractor Cab Manufacturing by Tektite

Attachments

• P6030021.jpg
    P6030021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,609
   / buy or build a cab? #9  
I have contacted them for a price for a cab for my 235, so far they have stated that the heater is optional and the wiper is standard, but have not given me a price

Edit, my bad.... the price list was attached to the e mail, also they then sent me a brochure
I have attached it

/ buy or build a cab? #10  
Looks like a nice cab but I don't think my customers are going to be willing to shell out $5,000 on a non heated non ac cab!:(