Rear work light

/ Rear work light #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I see that my CT235 has the bullet connectors under the right rear area for a work light. Are people using some sort of flood light or just a normal "work light?" This one looks nice but would it work well and it is also 55 watts. Is that too much (watts.) Dual Beam.

I can only see myself using this for snow removal in the winter... if it ever snows again since I just bought this. :)

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200318371_200318371

163480_lg.jpg

/ Rear work light #2  
Remember your wires that go to the back are hot all the time.
The factory light has a switch on it to turn it on and off.
If you use that light you will have to mount a switch or it will be on all the time.

/ Rear work light #3  
I took a rubber housing work light and mounted a switch in it. Works like a charm. The wires are hot when the key is on and not connected to the fwd light switch.

/ Rear work light #4  
Yes, you will need a switch to control it. Also, keep in mind the fuse rating for each circuit that you use and everything that is drawing current on that circuit. The "customer use" circuit on one of those connectors is rated for 15 amps, I believe. So, you could put 3 55 watt lights on that circuit if there is nothing else on it.

I did this, and many others have done similar. A lot of threads in the Kioti forum on this. Worth looking at all the different ways that people have done this.

Also, pay attention to lens. There are spots, floods, and trapezoids. I used trapezoids. They work good for me. Others used floods. I don't think you want spots for working applications.

Make sure your lights come with adjustable brackets or else you'll have to make them or live with where they point.

/ Rear work light
I was planning on installing a switch in the light housing or like someone did in an earlier thread. I didn't know it was hot at ignition on, I thought it was when the lights were turned on. Shouldn't be an issue if I put the switch on.

I'll checkout the trapezoid lights, thanks.

/ Rear work light #8  
now how about someone that has some mounted up on the ROPS?

/ Rear work light #9  
Check my post in the Customization thread. Alos in the Kioti owning/operating thread with the title "Width of Rops".

Marc

/ Rear work light #10  
now how about someone who has some mounted up on the ROPS?

I have one pointed fwd, and one to the rear. I did not use the small
wires accessible at the rear of the tractor; I used a connection at the
fuse block, relays, and 14 guage stranded wires. I used the turn
signal switch to control them, and the key has to be 'ON'.

One of the reasons that I opted for a squared-off ROPS is so the lights
could be mounted on the inside corners.

Attachments

• worklights_done_a.jpg
    worklights_done_a.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 340