Heavy Load

/ Heavy Load #1  

gaberelli

Bronze Member
Cleared an area for a new garden and came across this chunk of concrete. Easier to move in one piece, but as you can tell from the look of the rear tires, its heavy! The CT225 had no problem lifting it out even though it was buried in dirt. I was impressed.

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

/ Heavy Load #2  
Nice! Just think, you COULD have been out there with a sledge hammer and a wheel barrow instead!

/ Heavy Load
The real question, IMO, is what to do with it now?

That is a good question. Right now it is a giant paper weight to a pile of roofing tin that tends to move in high winds. :)

The thing with these CT's is that they become a different animal between low and mid ranges. In mid range, this thing could be considered a dog, but in low it will pull stumps with the tires spinning. The loader gets some extra grunt in low too. The down side to this is when you need to use the loader to move a pile from one spot to another. You can either be patient in low covering a large distance or keep switching to mid. Either way, I an happy with my purchase.

/ Heavy Load #5  
Sure do make project sooo much easier. ;)

Would make good stepping pad for shed door.

/ Heavy Load #6  
From yr tires in the pics I can see that chunk is heavy, nice work:thumbsup:

I had the same problem with my 440 hydro I was always caught between ranges. Oh well Wallace tractor fixed that problem for me:D

/ Heavy Load
I seem to get caught off guard with an unsuspecting load like a bucket of mulch or something when I have an "oh crap!!" moment and need to think fast and lower the bucket because I am on three wheels :ashamed:

I was careful with this one though. Loader was scraping the ground at some points and I was still teetering a bit. Can't be too safe.

/ Heavy Load #9  
I seem to get caught off guard with an unsuspecting load like a bucket of mulch or something when I have an "oh crap!!" moment and need to think fast and lower the bucket because I am on three wheels :ashamed:

I was careful with this one though. Loader was scraping the ground at some points and I was still teetering a bit. Can't be too safe.

Might be time to think of a tractor toy with a little more weight than that rear blade?:thumbsup:

/ Heavy Load #10  
The real question, IMO, is what to do with it now?

If you want to reduce it to rubble, pick it up in the loader just like in the picture, and give the unsupported edge a stout blow with a heavy sledge. You will be amazed at how easily unsupported concrete can be broken.