Trailer ???

/ Trailer ??? #11  
That looks like a very nice trailer. Is that a 7500 lb total weight (including trailer) capacity unit? If so, you'd be pushing the limits with a loader, boxblade and other cargo. You'd be OK, but starting to get close. I'd want at least 18' long, rated at 10,000 lbs. But, what I see will work and probably be legal. But, just barely.

Tractor and loader ~3800 lbs
Boxblade ~500 lbs
chains, binders, fuel ~250 lbs
Loaded tires?? ~350 lbs
brush guard?? ~ 50 lbs
Tools & Misc?? ~50 lbs
rake or scraper blade? ~400 lbs

A longer trailer will also help get a better weight distribution between tongue and axles. Don't buy too small and regret it.

/ Trailer ???
I guess it's a NO. I'll just wait for another nice offer.... :D

/ Trailer ??? #13  
Used trailers of sufficient size that aren't worn out are pretty rare, at least in these parts. I looked long and hard. Ended up buying a new one from down in the VA/TN border. From my search, It seemed that the best deals were coming out of TN/Miss/Kentucky area. I bought from a dealer who was given the trailer on "consignment" to haul home a big load of used equipment he bought while down south. That one trip was the only use of the trailer before I bought it and it had never been titled.

Don't mean to poo-poo a good deal. If the 16' is a good price, it'll do you for a while, until something better comes along. You can probably get what you paid for it on re-sale, if you take care of it and is truly a good deal.

/ Trailer ??? #14  
It's this type of trailer... yea or nay?

2dqq7o2.jpg
If you're buying it, I'd get the trailer withoutthe dovetail and nothing less than an 18'.

/ Trailer ??? #15  
How about something like this for $3,895:D
18'
5' hd ramps
bri mar equipment hauler.jpg

/ Trailer ??? #16  
looks like just what I want, but I have a little loan I need to pay off first :licking:

/ Trailer ???
How about something like this for $3,895:D
18'
5' hd ramps
View attachment 164949

That's a good one Rick but I want an alumilum one because I will also use it to haul my Viper when I go to car shows :p. Anyway thanks for the input guys. I will sit it out for now...

/ Trailer ??? #18  
That's a good one Rick but I want an alumilum one because I will also use it to haul my Viper when I go to car shows :p. Anyway thanks for the input guys. I will sit it out for now...

I knew it!:drool:

/ Trailer ??? #19  
Don't forgoe the dovetail. You need to lessen the ramp angle to keep from dragging when loading, and it really helps. Only forgoe it if you have another solution, like extra long ramps or tilt.