CT235 Fair Deal ?

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
Good morning
New here. I live in western Colorado with 3 acres, two horses, a dog and two cats, and trying to keep up with leveling the pasture so the flood irrigation works, the new landscaping and snow removal - I'm getting too old for the blower and the small Sears garden tractor with the plow - if you can cal it that. MY cheep labor (my son) is off tho college this year too. so as Tim would say a good power tool is in order.

Any help (or coupons) would be appreciated.

Looking at a CT 235

Dealer quote is $16,584 after the $3261 discount for the loader
The following is on the invoice;
D17TLBT loader
Full adjustable seat
GP tires
Loader Joy stick
Standard level package
CT 235 Compact Tractor

I may get him to throe in the ballast in the tires and possibly a block heater.
Anything else I should be considering.

He is also quoting me $950 for a 6 foot Bobcat brand box blade

I am comparing this unit to a stock Kubota L3700 but the Bobcat is less expensive and has more features.

Thoughts

/ CT235 Fair Deal ?
OK new twist

Is there any difference between a 2008 model CT235 and a 2010 model? I need to know.

Dealer has a 2008 model with 16 hours on it that he will part with for about $16400 including the new 6 foot Box blade and a used 9 inch auger (MF brand) Still includes the ballast and is similarly equipped. Same new warrenty applies.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #3  
I don't know about the 08 vs. 2010 model but I just got a quote for the same tractor in Ohio with a quick attach bucket and my numbers were $16,245. I also looked at the CT335 hst and the pedals are different. On the 335 it is like a Deere, two seperate pedals on the front of the platform. It was more comfortable for me but costs almost 3,000 more. The used stuff seems like a good deal to me, have fun with your new tractor.

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #4  
Also not sure of any differance in 2008 to 2010 models. I bought a 2010 when the deals were really good and paid $13500 for same tractor (235) so if you add back on the cash rebate that I got, I think that price isnt too bad.

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #5  
Sure happy I bought my 235 when I did,11,950 with loaded tires,loader,rear remotes,grill guard and delux suspension seat.:)Dave

/ CT235 Fair Deal ?
Thanks Folks
He has come down some on the new one $15,900 without the 6 foot box. I think I can do better finding a used one.

Right now I just cant see the used price - its about the same as the new. From reading 2008 was just about the time that the company cam under new government management.

Then there is the new factor and I know the first few hours is critical in break in. Friday will be the day I take my Wife and father in law to compare the Kubota L3700 / 3400 models against this and see what happens. My gut says it will not be orange in color.

What kind of deals were going on to get down to 13500 I have been watching since December ant they have dropped about 500 since then. - was that without the loader?

Again thanks for the help

One last question. Should I get the ballast if offered. I had a friend say it might be too much weight for my pasture work - rutting with the tires and it is heavy enough already?

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #7  
At the time I purchased the loader was free and there was a cash rebate. I believe rebate was $2500. It was $3500 on 230 which is what I initially ordered. But there was a huge backlog of tractors because of the rebates and when my dealer got the 235 in I got it instead. Cost me $1000 more but I think extra power was worth it. As far as ballast goes I dont have it and havent needed it yet. Not to say that you wont. Depends on usage.

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #8  
There is a 09' 235 on Dallas CL right now near FortWorth in Waxachahi or something like that for $13.5k with only 53hrs on it in pics looks like it was stored inside

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #9  
I don't think there are any differences between 2008 and 2010. The used one is a much better buy as 16 hours is nothing. You are paying less and getting two implements to boot. Given your requirements, you might want to consider a cab tractor with a front mount snow blower. You can get a front mount for the CTs but I don't think you can get a factory cab without going up a size or two.

His boxblade price sounds very high, unless it's pretty heavy duty. Price does vary greatly with quality, weight, and features. "Standard" duty boxes can be bought new for ~$600. You can usually pick up a used one for $300 - $500 or less. I picked up an old Gannon 6' for $150. It's super heavy with a fully retractable scarifier bar. Probably would cost an easy $1500 new. I put another $300 in it to fix it up. It's really sweet for the price:D

That said, you might want to consider a Kubota B3030 with cab. Notwithstanding the cab cost, you should be about the same price wise as the CT235. Nothing wrong with the CT235 mind you, just thought you might want to think snow based on where you live, age, and other considerations. A factory cab is much nicer than the after markets, and the front snow blower will save your neck if you have a lot of snow. Same of a front snow blade, Though you probably get too much snow for that to be practical.

/ CT235 Fair Deal ? #10  
Watch out for the quarter inching 3PH on some Kubota models (L3400) vs. infinitely variable on others (CT235). Some care some don't.