Loader FEL Mounting bolts loosening up

/ FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #1  

lilranch2001

Tractor
Bobcat CT 235
I keep haveing to torque all my frame mounting bolts on my FEL brackets.
If I use the loader for 3-4 hours hard they loosen up. I torque them with a big IR impact wrench
1) anyone else having the same issue?
3) Bobcat mechanic told me to Locktite them, but not sure if I should use red or blue, red says you need 500 degree heat to break the bolts loose once you use it
3) I am afraid sooner or later I am gonna waller out the threads by repeated torquing

:confused2:

Last edited:
   / FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #2  
Have these bolts been over torqued in the past? If so try replacing them with new bolts.:confused:

/ FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #4  
Use blue locktite that should fix yr problem.

/ FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #5  
Nothing will fix your problem if you continue to use a impact gun to check them.
The reason is once you put the impact on it it breaks the loc-tite loose.
You need to remove each and every bolt clean the treads on both the frame and the bolts apply red loc-tite and torque to spec.
Now when you continue to do your routine maintenance instead of getting out the impact gun get your torque wrench instead and set it 5ft lbs less than recommended specs so you don't break the loc-tite loose.
The reason is once you put the impact on it it breaks the loc-tite loose.

/ FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #6  
This is a common occurance with most any tractor, not just Bobcat. My Montana suffered from this ill also for the first year or so. I believe a lot of the problem comes from a heavy coat of paint on the mounting surfaces, which is compressible, causing the bolts to loosen with use. As was mentioned, clean the bolts and internal threads if you can and use blue locktite and torque them down to recommended specs. Check them occasionally, but only with a hand powered wrench. I believe red locktite needs heat to set, and it certainly needs heat to break it loose. I would be checking all other fasteners on the chassis also. Good way to spend a rainy afternoon.:thumbsup: FEL bolts are the only ones we notice, so they get the most attention....Dan.

/ FEL Mounting bolts loosening up #7  
I would you blue not red loctite, red is a bugger to get loose and usually needs fire.