Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left #1  

rumproast

Tractor
bobcat ct230, case 680ck bh, td9
I just had my 50 hour service done on my 230 and after I got it back I noticed a slight shutter when I turn to the left and once in a great while when I turn to the right. Any ideas. I noticed a good size dent in my new filter (may have done while making trails in the woods right after getting it back).

By the way, I purchased the tractor w fel last year and it has exceeded my expectations....so far. It has almost as much power as my dozer had.

Instead of getting the counterweight I got a boxblade for $200 more.. works just as well but much more useful...I don't believe in juicing the tires. Have a new rearmount jd Frontier 64" hydro chute snowblower (works great with the rear remotes that were included w the tractor) and HD bushbull bushhog..($1300 truckload sale)

Any input would be appreciated...Thanks

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left #2  
I notice something similar when I'm using 4WD.

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left
Its doing it just as much in 2WD as 4wd

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left #4  
what kind of skip? Like your rear diff is locking up?

The steering itself seems to skip. Even though I am turning the steering wheel evenly, every once and while the steering -when turning left mostly and especially when first warming up -will feedback a shutter or skip (by skip I mean when you turn the stirring, the wheels dont move the corresponding distance then either just stay or then "jump" all at once . I am talking small increments but enough that you can feel and often see) . I did not notice this before my 50 hour service... I was wondering if there could be something that needs bleeding. Before I ask the dealer I figured I would ask here and maybe actually break down and re-read the manuals. The dealer so far has been great and therefore I do not want to "cry wolf" if this is common or an easy fix. Thanks again

PS various ramblings to be ignored
This machine amazes me. I would really really love to have a kubota but a Kubota with the same options was almost double the cost- no lie. The BOBCAT made it much easier to justify to myself and especially the wife -and so far so great. I liked the kioti of course but they were $5700 more for the same tractor. The TYM tractor with Kubota engine caught my eye- was really rugged and in my price range but those dealers have coming and going while the BOBCAT dealer has been around a very long time and has A good reputation-That sealed the deal.

Now that sumers coming I am getting lots of seat time clearing, making woods trails and roads hogging doing "hard" work (so I try to tell the wife)...ah life is now good

pictures will be posted when I figure out how

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left #6  
You might have gotten air in the steering cylinders after the service but after using it, I would think it would have bled itself out by now. I had no problems like that when I did my service on my Kioti CK30hst.
If it's air, then the best way to bleed the air without having the system compress it is to raise both front wheels off the ground and turn the steering fully each way several times. It should self bleed the air out. This how you bleed steering systems on vehicles after replacing steering pumps, boxes or racks.

/ Small skip when I turn my 230 to the left #7  
"I noticed a good size dent in my new filter (may have done while making trails in the woods right after getting it back)."

Maybe the dented filter is restricting the free flow of oil? ......There has been a few of those filters snapped off. Be cautious in the woods for the underbelly hazards...

Don

Thanks...I tried the suggestion of VictorW but it has been raining so I cannot properly test to see if it worked. I will bite the bullet and buy a new filter also. I'll try to see if I can make a guard for it somehow...
Again thanks for your input and time.