Tractor News Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line?

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #1  

kattywumpus

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE with Cab.
Just talked to a Kioti dealer who indicated Bobcat is planning to end their tractor build agreement with Kioti. He said Bobcat feels the compact tractor line not profitable enough. My initial thought is this guy is blowing smoke, trying to get me not to purchase a Bobcat CT335. But I figure I would throw this information out here and see what other people have heard.

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #2  
Just talked to a Kioti dealer who indicated Bobcat is planning to end their tractor build agreement with Kioti. He said Bobcat feels the compact tractor line not profitable enough. My initial thought is this guy is blowing smoke, trying to get me not to purchase a Bobcat CT335. But I figure I would throw this information out here and see what other people have heard.

I have no specific knowledge but it sure sounds like BS to me. Recall Bobcat is actually owned by a Korean cartel.

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #3  

Well if that's the case, Bobcat does do some pretty long term planning, considering they just signed their new contracts.

I love sales people.
Seems like they will throw themselves in front of a train to get a sale!

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line?
The kicker is I was equally considering the Kioti DK35SE and a Bobcat CT335. I'm preferring the CT335 because the loader capacity is a little higher, but the price will be the finial decision maker. But I have to ask myself do I really want a business relationship with a dealer that BSing. Even if it was true he shouldn't have said anything unless he had some evident to backup his claim.

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #6  
I'd at least find a different salesman. If that means going elsewhere.... you are probably better off.

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #7  
I was talking to a Kioti dealer in Alabama and he told me the same thing...must be a KIOTI THING

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #8  
Kioti has been putting this out for almost 2 years, they are losing to much busness to Bobcat

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #9  
Kioti has been putting this out for almost 2 years, they are losing to much busness to Bobcat

I have wondered if that is true. Lot more Bobcat dealers than Kioti. It seems that there are more posts on TBN from people buying BC rather than Kioti. BC did have some great rebates and were probably priced under Kioti.

/ Bobcat Ending Compact Tractor Line? #10  
Just talked to a Kioti dealer who indicated Bobcat is planning to end their tractor build agreement with Kioti. He said Bobcat feels the compact tractor line not profitable enough.

While I agree it's probably total smoke and B.S. I've said to my bro (he's the happy owner of a CT230) that it really would'nt suprise me if Bobcat & Kioti would dissolve their relationship eventually. BUT, Bobcat would bring tractors In House...its not like Doosan doesnt have the resources to do it....IMO it would have been smart strategy on Doosan's part....test the waters, build a dealer infrastructure (For the CUT's), and really more then anything...Buy Marketshare.. all with minimal risk. If it works listen to your dealers and customers and build the better mouse trap. If it hadnt worked out, drop the whole thing and pretend it didnt happen.
From my point of view, Bobcat did what many have failed to do...no other "new nameplate" has splashed out more CUT's successfully then Bobcat has. Heck I think they did a better job then NH & CIH did with the Boomer & Farmall.