Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves?

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves? #1  

TommyBoy77

Hi,

I am currently looking at a Kioti CK20S but they don't have a MMM. I was thinking of getting a BobCat 54"MMM and installing it myself. My questions are

1) Is this hard to do?
2) Do I need any special tools?
3) Does anyone have instruction or a list of what has to be done?

Thank You in advance,
Dan

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves? #2  
I don't know if you priced them yet or not but my dealer quoted me something like $3000 for a MMM for my CT230. I thought that was a little high for me so I bought a used 72" 3pt finish mower for $400 and it works great.

I think I read the the MMM uses the 3pt hitch to raise and lower so if you use your 3pt, you may have to remove the MMM. The MMM also requires the mid PTO. You may already know that though but just thought I would bring it up.

I don't know how much different your CK20s is than they CT120 but if Kioti does not offer a MMM, you may not have all the points required to mount.

There are some very helpful folks on here though and I am sure someone can help you more than I can.

Good luck.

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves? #3  
FYI the Kioti brand MMM (no longer available) I have on my C20S does use the 3 pt. hitch to move up in down but can be locked in up high so that you can still use the 3 pt. hitch with the belly mower attached. But the ground clearance is greatly reduced of course.

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves? #4  
Its not that hard to install there is an install guide that comes with it that is pretty much step by step, I have the 66" version

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves?
Thanks for the responses guys,

galaxie428,
Yeah I got the price about 1 month ago $2000 for the deck and $700 for the install kit. Where did you get a 3pt mower for $400? For that kind of money I wouldn't mind to try one.

Thanks
Dan

/ Has anyone installed a MMM by themselves? #6  
galaxie428,
Yeah I got the price about 1 month ago $2000 for the deck and $700 for the install kit. Where did you get a 3pt mower for $400? For that kind of money I wouldn't mind to try one.

I spent some time watching Craigslist. There were several on there for $600 or so but then I came across this one and bought it. You can get a new 3pt finish for around $1200 from tractor supply or rural king or any of the farm stores like that.

I don't know how big you could run with your 20s. Mine is 72" but my BC dealer said I could run up to 84".