Cutting Edge on bucket

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
Has anyone bolted a cutting edge on thier front bucket? I see i have holes for one on my bucket. But no replaceable edge came on my tractor there is one on my rear blade that i really like it can be flipped over so you can use both sides. I was just wondering i only have 10 hrs on tractor but hated to wear down front of bucket.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #2  
I put a bolt on REZLOH edge on my H.D. 6' Kubota bucket but don't use it because I never take my Loader Buddy off.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #3  
We sell and stock bolt on reversible cutting edges for the Bobcat tractors.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket
Hmmm first what is a loader buddy?? I may need one lol. How much are your bolt on reversible cutting edges? I would like to put something on my bucket before i wear it down.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #5  
Hmmm first what is a loader buddy?? I may need one lol. How much are your bolt on reversible cutting edges? I would like to put something on my bucket before i wear it down.

I bought a bolt on cutting edge for my Kubota 6' HD bucket but I put a tooth bar on and do not use the bolt on cutting edge. I should have listened to the dealer who said I really didnt need it. He was right

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #6  
Loader buddy, cutting edge, or tooth bar. It really depends on what different uses you have for your FEL bucket the biggest share of the time. Good thing there is a choice. :D

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #7  
I put the cutting edge on my bucket, it saves wear and tear on the edge and reinforces the entire edge.

I am glad I didnt purchase the tooth bar, the cutting edge seems to work almost as well, and I think the clay here would just make amess most of the time on the teeth on the tooth bar

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #8  
The dirt I move isn't that hard that I needed a tooth bar but I can see for some that it's a good add-on and the teeth take most of the punishment and save the actual welded on cutting edge of the bucket. I saw wear on my bucket's cutting edge and contacted Wallace. For a very reasonable price, which included shipping via UPS, he sent me a reversable bolt on cutting edge with the bolts much cheaper than I could find locally. I have a Kioti CK30hst and even checked with the Bobcat dealer which was way more. It's a good hard piece of steel showing very little wear after much use. For my uses, the bolt on edge was the way to go.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #9  
Has anyone bolted a cutting edge on thier front bucket? I see i have holes for one on my bucket. But no replaceable edge came on my tractor there is one on my rear blade that i really like it can be flipped over so you can use both sides. I was just wondering i only have 10 hrs on tractor but hated to wear down front of bucket.
I installed one on my CT235. I bought from my dealer for my 68" bucket.

/ Cutting Edge on bucket #10  
My Zetor came with a bolted on edge. I had planned on getting a tooth bar immediately to help with digging, but decided to try digging without it. I dug about a 4 foot deep hole in red clay without much problem. Not sure it the cutting edge had anything to do with it or not, or if a toothbar would do any better, but it worked well with just the cutting edge. It also appears that the cutting edge really strengthens the bucket edge. I will probably still add a toothbar at some point, but it is no longer as high of a priority since it works pretty well without it. I am not sure of the cost of a cutting edge, but since the holes are there I would go ahead and add one on if they aren't too expensive.