Bobcat or Not....

/ Bobcat or Not.... #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
Well I am thinking of trading in my Mahindra on a Bobcat. I really like my Mahindra, but I am thinking its time to get a bigger tractor. I currently have the 2615 gear and use it for just about everything. It has done everything I asked of it, but now I want to start plowing some of my fields and put in some deer plots, and possibly some corn. Any advice on size of Bobcat that would serve me well?
I have 50 acres that I have to upkeep and a good length driveway that I plow in the winter. If anyone has some advise, my ears are open......

/ Bobcat or Not.... #2  
I have a ct 335 bobcat and i think it would do all the things you are talking about. Not sure how it compares in size to what you had. But i plan on using it for food plots, discing. you can always go up in size also.

/ Bobcat or Not.... #3  
I think my 235 would do it, I havent pulled a plow with it yet, but depending on how many bottom plow it is that you have.......

/ Bobcat or Not....
I am glad to hear that. I have read every thread on this forum about the cats. The majority of the foks are opting for the ct235 though and say the CT440 is better if you need more than the 35 hp.....why?
I kind of like the CT335, its bigger than my 26 hp, and seems like it would last for the rest of my life, I dont want to trade in another 3-4 yrs. I am new to farm machines, but know that I have too much land to go without.

/ Bobcat or Not.... #5  
I am glad to hear that. I have read every thread on this forum about the cats. The majority of the foks are opting for the ct235 though and say the CT440 is better if you need more than the 35 hp.....why?I kind of like the CT335, its bigger than my 26 hp, and seems like it would last for the rest of my life, I dont want to trade in another 3-4 yrs. I am new to farm machines, but know that I have too much land to go without.

I would get the 440 if I didnt use my tractor in the woods and around trees a lot, but I like the smaller frame of the 235, and 34 hp is about all I need.
If you want a cab with heat and AC, you may also want to go to the bigger tractor.

I guess I will see how bad I freeze my rear end off this winter

/ Bobcat or Not....
Do you feel that the CT335 is a waste of money then...? I mean will it do everything the CT440 will do? Or is this just a oversized CT235? I guess my theory is I want the best bang for my dollar, I have to go with the deal so to speak. I need a bigger tractor, but I also want it to be here for the next 30 yrs without having to replace it. I kind of knew that the Mahindra I have was too small after the 2nd year I owned it, however it does the job but it takes a little longer. I am not rough on my stuff but I do work it. I just dont want to buy a machine and find out its sluggish or under powered.

/ Bobcat or Not.... #7  
You bought too small once, don't do it again. I'd recommend the 440. Nothing wrong with the 335, but the 440 is a lot more tractor.

/ Bobcat or Not.... #8  
From what you mentioned for uses, the 335 would be better than the 235 with it being a heavier built tractor. The 235 would be a little light for your uses. But if you can spare the extra change, I think the 440 would be a perfect fit. Not that the 335 couldn't do it but who wants to take all day. The field plowing seems to be your toughest job that the 440 could handle better.

/ Bobcat or Not.... #9  
I have the 335CT with an 8TL FEL, 68" bucket, forks, rear blade and fluid filled tires. A lot of tractor for an acerage. Don't need nor want anything bigger. It's great for logging, clearing snow, and hauling BIG rock. A little heavy for the lawn but drive over it twice a year to put the steel roll-a-dock in and take it out each fall. It handles that like a dream. IMO a 335 should be plenty of tractor 4U. Good luck.