Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

Default Bobcat or Not....

Well I am thinking of trading in my Mahindra on a Bobcat. I really like my Mahindra, but I am thinking its time to get a bigger tractor. I currently have the 2615 gear and use it for just about everything. It has done everything I asked of it, but now I want to start plowing some of my fields and put in some deer plots, and possibly some corn. Any advice on size of Bobcat that would serve me well?
    I have 50 acres that I have to upkeep and a good length driveway that I plow in the winter. If anyone has some advise, my ears are open......

Tractor
    Bobcat CT 335

Default Re: Bobcat or Not....

I have a ct 335 bobcat and i think it would do all the things you are talking about. Not sure how it compares in size to what you had. But i plan on using it for food plots, discing. you can always go up in size also.
    Duckhunter. Nebraska.
    Bobcat CT335 HST, FEL, Bob Tech bucket,48 inch Pallet Forks, 7 ft rear blade, 5ft MF bushhog, BB2566 Land Pride Box Blade, Post hole digger, 2 bottom Dearborn plow,12 acres.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

I think my 235 would do it, I havent pulled a plow with it yet, but depending on how many bottom plow it is that you have.......

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

I am glad to hear that. I have read every thread on this forum about the cats. The majority of the foks are opting for the ct235 though and say the CT440 is better if you need more than the 35 hp.....why?
    I kind of like the CT335, its bigger than my 26 hp, and seems like it would last for the rest of my life, I dont want to trade in another 3-4 yrs. I am new to farm machines, but know that I have too much land to go without.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by SABULA FARMER View Post
    I am glad to hear that. I have read every thread on this forum about the cats. The majority of the foks are opting for the ct235 though and say the CT440 is better if you need more than the 35 hp.....why?I kind of like the CT335, its bigger than my 26 hp, and seems like it would last for the rest of my life, I dont want to trade in another 3-4 yrs. I am new to farm machines, but know that I have too much land to go without.
    I would get the 440 if I didnt use my tractor in the woods and around trees a lot, but I like the smaller frame of the 235, and 34 hp is about all I need.
    If you want a cab with heat and AC, you may also want to go to the bigger tractor.

I guess I will see how bad I freeze my rear end off this winter

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

Do you feel that the CT335 is a waste of money then...? I mean will it do everything the CT440 will do? Or is this just a oversized CT235? I guess my theory is I want the best bang for my dollar, I have to go with the deal so to speak. I need a bigger tractor, but I also want it to be here for the next 30 yrs without having to replace it. I kind of knew that the Mahindra I have was too small after the 2nd year I owned it, however it does the job but it takes a little longer. I am not rough on my stuff but I do work it. I just dont want to buy a machine and find out its sluggish or under powered.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

You bought too small once, don't do it again. I'd recommend the 440. Nothing wrong with the 335, but the 440 is a lot more tractor.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

From what you mentioned for uses, the 335 would be better than the 235 with it being a heavier built tractor. The 235 would be a little light for your uses. But if you can spare the extra change, I think the 440 would be a perfect fit. Not that the 335 couldn't do it but who wants to take all day. The field plowing seems to be your toughest job that the 440 could handle better.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335

I have the 335CT with an 8TL FEL, 68" bucket, forks, rear blade and fluid filled tires. A lot of tractor for an acerage. Don't need nor want anything bigger. It's great for logging, clearing snow, and hauling BIG rock. A little heavy for the lawn but drive over it twice a year to put the steel roll-a-dock in and take it out each fall. It handles that like a dream. IMO a 335 should be plenty of tractor 4U. Good luck.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Arrow Re: Bobcat or Not....

Quote Originally Posted by SABULA FARMER View Post
    Well I am thinking of trading in my Mahindra on a Bobcat..
    Why not get a bigger Mahindra ?? ?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast