Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member

Default Re: Front snow plows

As one with a loader mounted plow (plumbed from the rear remotes), I can say it works just fine on my CT225. I live in WI and plow a small driveway and often the road to my house (township road). Like anything, it is not indestructible. You should always try to plow with the blade as straight as possible and in the float position. This setup is great because you can plow into a pile and then lift it up and over. Can't do that with a truck plow.
    CT225 w/ 7TL Bob-Tach loader
    Deluxe suspension seat, rear hydraulics, mid PTO
    Woods RD7200 6' rear discharge finish mower
    Buhler C84SS 7' rear blade
    Meyer 6'6" loader mounted custom Bob-Tach snow plow

Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

plowing is destructive on any equipment you use. I use a loader mounted plow which operates off the rear remotes. Like anything, you just have to be careful what you do. Stuff will break if you abuse it. For me it was a question of whether I should use my tractor to plow or my truck. I decided it wasn't worth beating on my truck, so I went with the tractor for plowing. I need my front loader bucket on an almost daily basis for manure removal, so attaching a plow to a frame under the tractor wasn't a good option. For me the best option was the skid steer mount on the loader. From my experience with both loader mounted plows and truck plows, I can move more snow, pile it higher, have better maneuverability and have yet to get struck like when I used a pickup to plow. No setup is perfect if misused. I've broken truck plows as well.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    It works great but puts a huge side load on the loader arms which can be easily torqued.

Some people get by just fine and some do not.
    Totally agree...While I love my loader mounted blade, I wouldnt put an "angle plow" on a loader of any sort. Heres one I built for my Bro's BCat...I've got the same setup on mine....Doesnt place any different stress on the loader then a Bucket would. He uses his to plow, but he gets less snow then I do. I just use mine for cleanup...back drag snow away from the buildings and then I can get to everything with my 3pt Blower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc01949-jpg  

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    Totally agree...While I love my loader mounted blade, I wouldnt put an "angle plow" on a loader of any sort. Heres one I built for my Bro's BCat...I've got the same setup on mine....Doesnt place any different stress on the loader then a Bucket would. He uses his to plow, but he gets less snow then I do. I just use mine for cleanup...back drag snow away from the buildings and then I can get to everything with my 3pt Blower.
    how wide is that blade?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by MF1652 View Post
    plowing is destructive on any equipment you use. I use a loader mounted plow which operates off the rear remotes. Like anything, you just have to be careful what you do. Stuff will break if you abuse it. For me it was a question of whether I should use my tractor to plow or my truck. I decided it wasn't worth beating on my truck, so I went with the tractor for plowing. I need my front loader bucket on an almost daily basis for manure removal, so attaching a plow to a frame under the tractor wasn't a good option. For me the best option was the skid steer mount on the loader. From my experience with both loader mounted plows and truck plows, I can move more snow, pile it higher, have better maneuverability and have yet to get struck like when I used a pickup to plow. No setup is perfect if misused. I've broken truck plows as well.
    Given your circumstances, I'd probably do the same. I am not a fan of truck mounted plows unless there are several jobs a long distance apart. I very much prefer a frame mounted plow on a tractor, but I also have a different tractor with FEL.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Quote Originally Posted by lilranch2001 View Post
    how wide is that blade?
    The one I built for his Bobcat is a 60", I buit it totally from scratch.
    Mine is a 90" Fisher I modified...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc01946-jpg   -blade3-jpg   -snowrig1-jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    The one I built for his Bobcat is a 60", I buit it totally from scratch.
    Mine is a 90" Fisher I modified...
    Nice job dave! I'll bet that rig moves a lot of snow.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12