Snow Front snow plows

/ Front snow plows #1  

lilranch2001

Tractor
Bobcat CT 235
I seem to remember a few threads that stated Bobcat does not recommend putting snow plows on the 2 series loader arms.

I was in picking up my new Bobcat Bobtach forks today ($481.50 out the door including taxes and my $250 rebate) and was asking my salesman about other attachments for my loader, he started reeling off options and got to a snowplow, I stopped him there and started asking him about it.

I said I thought I had heard on here that Bobcat did not recommend one.

He said yes they do and he is working up a price for one and the hydros for it

Last edited:
   / Front snow plows #2  
I would be interested to know what you are quoted for an auxillary hydraulic kit for the loader. When I asked my dealer about one, he said BC did not make a kit for the 2xx loaders. If I recall correctly though, Kioti did.

/ Front snow plows #3  
^^^ you are correct. No front Aux. on 2xx, only 335 and up. But you can still do it by using the rear remote and running the hose to the front. I will put one for the stump grapple that I am planning to have. And that is my plan and I'm sticking to it... :D

/ Front snow plows
^^^ you are correct. No front Aux. on 2xx, only 335 and up. But you can still do it by using the rear remote and running the hose to the front. I will put one for the stump grapple that I am planning to have. And that is my plan and I'm sticking to it... :D

Bobcat has a add on kit for a front remote or so my salesman and his parts department says........

/ Front snow plows #6  
Plow on any loader isn't the best idea.

Agreed. Ane of those ideas that seem to be great until you actually put it in practice.

Some folks get along with them mainly because they never used anything that worked better. Many, many loader mount blades end up in the weeds or for sale.

/ Front snow plows #7  
Just curious, why is putting a blade on a loader not a good idea? I don't have one but a friend has one on his JD and he likes it pretty well. He lives far enough off the main road that he had to have something and didn't want to mess with putting a blade on his truck.

After some welding on a bracket, it fits up real nice. He controls it with his rear remotes.

/ Front snow plows #8  
Just curious, why is putting a blade on a loader not a good idea? I don't have one but a friend has one on his JD and he likes it pretty well. He lives far enough off the main road that he had to have something and didn't want to mess with putting a blade on his truck.

After some welding on a bracket, it fits up real nice. He controls it with his rear remotes.

It works great but puts a huge side load on the loader arms which can be easily torqued.

Some people get by just fine and some do not.

/ Front snow plows #9  
It works great but puts a huge side load on the loader arms which can be easily torqued.

Some people get by just fine and some do not.

I agree, we've had this conversation before here. You create stresses on the loader with the extension required to get to the blade. It's not like other implements, a front fork for example that has almost no lateral forces.

It's quick and easy and if you're using it for light work it's OK.

Rob

/ Front snow plows #10  
A front plow does put side pressure on the fel arms so you just have to be careful when moving the snow and you should be good. If you are looking for a frame mount, check Michigan Iron and Equipment, Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer. They build them at their steel shop and also sell Kioti tractors. Nice people to deal with and they also make other tractor add-ons.