So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week...

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #1  

NOTV8

Silver Member
Tractor
CT235
Got her the Grapple that she wanted... :D. Her wish lists are getting shorter...:laughing: (I also posted this grapple in the attachment forum...)
Here's the pic...

33vhg2h.jpg
2hicpd1.jpg

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #2  
I like that grapple. Where'd you get it?

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #3  
Very cool toy! Pretty impressive for such a small tractor too.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week...
Bought it on a guy thru ebay. He has two brand new in stock but I have to drive for almost 4 hours to pick it up... ;) but I got it for under $900 and I hope it's a good deal...
And here's the picture of how I connected it up front...

t5lwdz.jpg

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #5  
My Bobcat got a box scraper this week a 25-66 land pride hinged rear . Looking for a plow next.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #6  
My cat got a 2 bottom plow this week. Man i love this thing it makes work so much fun.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #7  
Did you just run hoses from your rear remote up to the front to run the grapple or how did you handle that?

-Justin

BTW, that looks great. Just what I want on my 235.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #8  
Can't answer for the OP (obviously<g>) but I'm betting that, yes, he did "run hoses from the rear remotes".
Say that because those pics could pass for my setup. Looks almost exactly the same and I did "run the hoses....".

Piece of cake install.
Order the premade hoses (sorry, I don't remember the length I ordered). Use a garden hose or chunk of rope...run it down the path you want to use to get from rear remotes to front of the loader arms. Path is pretty obvious once you get under and look.
Go to Tractor Supply (or equal) and pick up a quick disconnect mounting bracket for the front end termination.
Remember to leave yourself enough "slack" to make comfortable loops at the back end and find a convenient place to bolt the QD bracket at the front.

The one "issue" that I haven't addressed yet (but will) is that the control levers for the rear remotes (if yours are the same as mine) are just too short to allow for precise control of the grapple jaws. My "fix" will be to thread the end of the lever and add on a coupler and length of thread stock to increase the length. That will kill two birds....the added length will give better leverage and allow for finer adjustments, and, it will reduce the "brain drain" of me having to try and remember which lever is the one I want <g>. At this age, that matters!!!

All that said, I can honestly say that you made one of the best decisions you've ever made when you got your wife that present...<g> I know I did.

Actually, of the implements I've added to my Cat so far, there isn't one I have even the slightest bit of "buyers remorse" over.
Boxblade (use it constantly and the absolute best counterweight all the rest of the time)
Grapple (awesome)
Forks (can't live without them)
Ratchet Rake (takes some getting used to, to find the proper angles, but once you do, it too, "rocks"
Toothbar (without it your bucket is pretty close to useless in anything other than a sandbox....with it you can actually "dig". On top of that, it reinforces the bucket.
TNT....only have the "top" part so far but the "tilt" part is coming soon. If you use a boxblade (or blade, or rake, or...) you can't believe how much better life is with the "top" cylinder.....based on my experience with just that part of TnT I have to believe that adding the "tilt" can only be one step closer to heaven.
Post Hole Digger....bought mine used because I just couldn't justify buying new for the limited number of holes I was contemplating for the garden fence. Popped in the 16 holes/posts in 2 hours - would have been at least an hour/hole by hand in the "concrete" clay we have here. That went so well I went looking for more places to put posts - decided to build a compost bin - 6 more holes - YES!!! Anyway, long story short, way I figure it the PHD has already paid for itself and it's only lived here for a month or so.
Subsoiler - basically a "hook" that fits on the 3 point hitch. I don't use it the way it was designed but do use it for almost everything else from pulling stumps to laying underground pipe or wire.
3 point quick connect - doesn't work for all attachments, but for those that it does it's a real time/labor saver. As you have probably guessed, I do a fair amount of attachment switching and both the 3 point and the front bucket BC "quik-tach" or whatever they call it, have been worth every penny.
I wouldn't own a tractor without either one.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week...
Did you just run hoses from your rear remote up to the front to run the grapple or how did you handle that?

-Justin

BTW, that looks great. Just what I want on my 235.

Yes, I just run the hose from rear remote and use the control C&D for the grapple and A&B for the HTL. Or you can buy the whole new control with a push button that you can attach to the joystick. Extra $$$. For my use, I am okay with just the lever... for now :D.

/ So... what attachment your Bobcat got this week... #10  
Rud;

I see in your sig "wish list" - PTO stump grinder

I'd love to have the capability, but never thought I could justify the cost for the few stumps I'd do (landowner, not commercial) so never really considered a PTO version and haven't researched.

Care to share your recommendations?