Service every 50 Hours?

/ Service every 50 Hours? #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I was a the dealer the other day for a repair and I was ask if i needed service. I said I only had about 125 hours and was not due another major service until 200(50 hour was done). He told me that for maximum performance, they thought that 50 hours was the proper service interval. I still can't believe he told me that. he is greedy ,crazy or both, or am I missing something?

/ Service every 50 Hours? #2  
Sounds like maybe he just wanted to make some extra money! I guess everyone has their preference but I follow the schedule in the owners manual. I would probably grease up more often if my conditions were more dusty than they are but it usually is not bad.

Did you ask how much they would charge for service? I want to say my dealer was going to be around $400 or something expensive like that.

/ Service every 50 Hours? #3  
every 100 is what the books says or under the hood

/ Service every 50 Hours?
We were talking about the fact that the repair replaced the hydro fluid and I commented that I would'nt have to wory about the fluid for a while when he brought up the 50 hour thing, so I read that as being the hydro fluid as well as an oil change and all that goes with it. A 50 hour oil change is about equal to 3000 miles on a diesel truck. I don't know anyone whose vehicle needs anything close to that anymore. I will probably change oil yearly and not worry about the hours.

/ Service every 50 Hours? #5  
I change oil and filter every 100, and grease everything every 50. In my manual it says in one place to change Hydro fluid and filter every 300 and in another place it says every 400 so I do it every 350.

/ Service every 50 Hours? #6  
I change oil and filter every 100, and grease everything every 50. In my manual it says in one place to change Hydro fluid and filter every 300 and in another place it says every 400 so I do it every 350.

My Kioti CK30hst, same as a CT230, advises the engine oil as Toadhill does. The hydro oil is supposed to be changed every 400 hours but the hydro filters at every 200 hours. I guess they figure the hydro oil holds up longer than the filters do.

/ Service every 50 Hours? #7  
I am doing my 50 hour hydro change tomorrow on my CT235.

I have the 2 filters and $187 of Bobcat special fluid. It was not easy paying that price for 10 gallons of fluid but I did based mostly on comments by TBN members that say hydro fluid is the most important fluid we put in our tractors.

The oil change last night went very well so I am hopefull the hydro change will go equally as well.

MoKelly

/ Service every 50 Hours? #8  
Maybe all three[or both]:D,,,maybe clean the air filter every 50 hours and grease maybe three times[or so] in 50 hours,,but rest,,go with your manual:laughing:

/ Service every 50 Hours? #9  
My book say 100 hours..done by 90 hours,grease about every 10 hours,go w/your gut feelings and keep eye on book service section.

/ Service every 50 Hours? #10  
Someone here surely knows of a good hydraulic oil for these tractors that would replace the "Bobcat special oil". Last time I checked none of the equipment or automobile makers had their own refinery, so they are buying the stuff somewhere and charging 2 arms and a leg for the relabelled Exxon Mobil, Shell or Chevron oil of the same specification.