Max attachment weight for a CT235?

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235? #1  

jcims

Gold Member
Hi Folks,

Is there an official 'maximum' weight of an attachment that you can hang off the back of a Bobcat (CT235 in this case) without voiding warranty? Does the general rule 'if you can lift it you can use it' apply, or is there a document somewhere that I could consult?

In the attachment thread, jenkinsph identified my box blade as a Gannon, and it tips the scales at ~1,000 lbs. It runs absolutely great, and I enjoy using it, but tonight I was just thinking about all the stresses involved when you hit a bump or get a little happy with the position control, and it kind of freaked me out (esp with the Cracked hydraulic case thread on a CK35 in the Kioti forum).

Thoughts? Is there someone at Bobcat that could fill me in? Or are they just going to play it super conservatively?

On a related note, I'm assuming my tires will have less 'give' when i load them with RimGuard, because there is less air to squish inside. This would (i imagine) tend to increase the shock when you hit a bump. ?

Coming from a long time renter, this anxiety is a new sensation. :)

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235? #2  
1508lbs at 24" behind lift point is what it is rated for. You will be fine with your Gannon.

As far as the loaded tires, I have found that my tractors actually ride better with the tires filled. Sort of hard to explain, but a ball full of air wants to bounce, put some liquid in there and that bounce goes away. Here is an example, a tire full of air sort of wants to bounce over a curb, but with liquid the tire just sort of flexes and goes over it. Trust me, after you have filled your tires, you will not believe the difference, as in why does not everyone fill their tires. Obviously there are several reasons not to, but many reasons to fill them also. :thumbsup: My 3215 gets moved some, and because of that I was not going to fill my tires. The tractor just did not perform up to it's capacity.:( Filled all 4 tires, oh what a difference, literally day and night difference in the capability of the tractor. ;)

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235?
You're a machine! Thank you... I'm looking forward to getting some more 'junk in the trunk' with the loaded tires. Found some local folks that will do it pretty inexpensively, they're just so backed up with other work it's going to take another two weeks or so to get it in there.

Thanks again!

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235? #4  
Pure water does not compress, so completely filling a tire would be nearly the same as riding on a solid tire; although the rubber will give and flex a bit.

I'm not certain as to the compressability of the material dealers fill tires with to provide extra weight and sealant capabilities.

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235? #5  
Pure water does not compress, so completely filling a tire would be nearly the same as riding on a solid tire; although the rubber will give and flex a bit.

I'm not certain as to the compressability of the material dealers fill tires with to provide extra weight and sealant capabilities.

When people talk about "filling" their tractor tires they are almost always talking about 75% full of the liquid ballast so there is still air in the tire to compress and smooth out the ride. The only exception I can think of is foam filling tires which is 100% full but then as the material is foam there is compressible air in the foam.

/ Max attachment weight for a CT235? #6  
When people talk about "filling" their tractor tires they are almost always talking about 75% full of the liquid ballast so there is still air in the tire to compress and smooth out the ride. The only exception I can think of is foam filling tires which is 100% full but then as the material is foam there is compressible air in the foam.

I do not know if foam filled tractor tires are the same as foam filled forklift tires, but back in another life I was in plant maintenance, and I have removed some foam filled rubber cores out of fork lift tires, and that rubber is very dense, and if there is ANY air in it, it is very very little