Found my hydraulic leak

/ Found my hydraulic leak #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I have had a bit of a leak for a month or two. I took it in and the rear gasket was replaced. We all thought that was the fix. Got it back and no change. Took it back for another look. They looked a little closer and they think they have found the problem. I have a cracked transmission housing. I have racked my brain for anything that might have caused it, but I don't remember any event that might have caused it. I guess parts just break sometimes. I was under it last week and was thinking how clean it looked underneath. The paint still looks new on everything but the drain plug. I guess sometimes things just happen. The dealership has been strong so far. They let me know what was up within 2 days what was up(had several units in front mine). I am not happy that it needs repair, but I can't complain about the dealer.

/ Found my hydraulic leak #2  
Messmaker,will it be a warranty repair?If you didn,t hit something it must be a bad casting.Hope so,could get spendy if it,s otta your pocket:(Dave

/ Found my hydraulic leak
Messmaker,will it be a warranty repair?If you didn,t hit something it must be a bad casting.Hope so,could get spendy if it,s otta your pocket:(Dave

Not a grumble from dealer so far.He did not mention abuse.I have about 10 months left on my warranty. I am not sure how I could crack the casting if I tried. About 85% of my work is with a brush mower. I have cut a few concrete blocks with the mower, but have never hit anything with the tractor. I run it with the loader low, so it usually clears the path.

/ Found my hydraulic leak #4  
Not a grumble from dealer so far.He did not mention abuse.I have about 10 months left on my warranty. I am not sure how I could crack the casting if I tried. About 85% of my work is with a brush mower. I have cut a few concrete blocks with the mower, but have never hit anything with the tractor. I run it with the loader low, so it usually clears the path.

Messmaker, at least you found it before the warrenty was expired
:thumbsup:

9 working days now, parts are in and it should be ready very soon. The tech told me that it might take a while, since it's the first one he's done(oh boy).

/ Found my hydraulic leak #7  
9 working days now, parts are in and it should be ready very soon. The tech told me that it might take a while, since it's the first one he's done(oh boy).
Good luck!

Got it back. All is well so far. The power seems down a bit. I may need to give it a bit to get back to normal.