Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    CT235

Default Re: Filling tires idea?

Quote Originally Posted by horticattleman View Post
    How long does it take to fill up using the water dohickey?
    I think it took me 35-45 mins. on each tire. If you have a better pump might be quicker. My pump can not over come the air, so I have to released the air 3 or 4 times, I think.
    2010 CT235 with Bobtach, Rear Remotes, FEL, Kioti 60" Boxblade, 36" Fork, Snow-Sport Snow Plow, Wally BX42 Chipper, Land Pride LR 1584, Land Pride RB 1584, Gator 48" Grapple, HTL, Woods BH7500, HF 3PT Hitch Quick Attach, HF 3PT Hitch (Modified to work with BobTach in Front)
    CT 235 traded for CT 440 with free 72" snow blower...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

I have the same tractor as NOTV8, and I say about 20-30 mins. Draining takes awhile, unless you break the bead. I think weight box is the way to go for your needs.

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by horticattleman View Post
    Yeah the ballast box would probably be the more sensible idea huh?

What are the wheel weights?

How long does it take to fill up using the water dohickey?
    Using a good dohickey that bleeds air as you fill, you can put a hundred gallons of water in in less than 20 minutes. Draining it down to about 20% fill is even quicker. Just blow air in and let it push the water out on the ground.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Just remember that you can never get all the water back out of your tires without removing them from the rim. I think your worries about excess weight when mowing is over emphasized with the tire ballasted. As long as it is dry and you dont skid the tires, you should not damage the grass any more with loaded tires than with none loaded. The Pound per square inch loading is not that much more significant compared to the stability and traction advantage that you will get. It is just not practical to put water in tires and remove it. Same with adding weights to the rear wheels. That is not so easy to do that you want to put them on and take them off every time you need to mow.
    If your situation is that critical for damage, perhaps your better solution would be to get a small riding lawnmower for your immediate lawn needs and use the tractor for the area that is not so close to your house. Like my house site is, I have a 12 acre lawn but I mow most of it with my bushhog and the acre or two around the house I use my 52" ZTR and/or 48" lawn tractor and push mower and even a weed eater in some of the totally inaccessible areas.

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Just remember that you can never get all the water back out of your tires without removing them from the rim.
    You can for all practical purposes, but getting it below the low rim point takes ingenuity. A dip tube extending from the valve to the bottom of the tire ... alternately pressurize w air and let water be forced back out the tube. Even in a 16.9 x 30 its not hard to get it down to a quart, and, if
    you keep feeling around with the tube as air escapes, to just a few oz.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

One other possibility is do you need or could use another implement? I run with my back blade for a lighter weight and then use the backhoe if I need much more. I'm not saying to spend the money on a bh just for weight, but maybe the money spent could be on something you could use. Also taking off a 3pt implement is easier and faster than filling/unfilling the tires.

Tractor
    Bobcat ct 225

With a ballast box with a quick hitch, you could make the weight change in 10 min or less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12