Filling tires idea?

/ Filling tires idea? #1  

horticattleman

Silver Member
Tractor
CT335
Do you have to get them filled from a dealer or is there a contraption mountable on the rim that would enable you to fill or drain as needed? I sometimes REALLY need the tires filled (unloading mulch pallets fromn big rig) and other times need the tractor 1000 lbs lighter (like when using in the lawn).

/ Filling tires idea? #2  
Do you have to get them filled from a dealer or is there a contraption mountable on the rim that would enable you to fill or drain as needed? I sometimes REALLY need the tires filled (unloading mulch pallets fromn big rig) and other times need the tractor 1000 lbs lighter (like when using in the lawn).

There are many threads here, on the how to.
Some have nice photos and great, step-by-step instructions.

If you "search" option filling tires, you'll find more than one good thread.

/ Filling tires idea? #4  
I just did mine last week end with WWF. If you click on search and type in my screen name it should be one of the first 5 or so posts. zman if you are going to be draining it tho, that could become expensive and not good for the environment. :cool:

/ Filling tires idea? #5  
There are fill fittings available. Waters what you need to allow the level of convenience youre seeking. Are you in the south or do you have heated indoor parking? Otherwise you should do a complete drain in the winter. That requires some ingenuity.
larry

/ Filling tires idea? #6  
Here"s how I did mine last week. I used my pool cover pump to put the washer fluid before I closed my pool, and it was so easy with the pump. I just bought the tire fitting from TSC. I also used -20*F washer fluid.
28bgx1y.jpg

vxoj85.jpg

2lc9p2t.jpg

143i8v8.jpg

/ Filling tires idea? #7  
175 bucks and I got Rimguard, and it is enviormentally friendly

/ Filling tires idea? #8  
Rimguard would be great if he didn"t want to drain it occassionally, that would be expensive.

/ Filling tires idea? #9  
Use a ballest box or wheel weights.

/ Filling tires idea?
Yeah the ballast box would probably be the more sensible idea huh?

What are the wheel weights?

How long does it take to fill up using the water dohickey?