Rear Remote question

/ Rear Remote question #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My CT235 didn't come with rear remotes, but lately I kind of wish I had at least one for controlling the side to side pitch of my rear blade. (Getting tired of cranking) Since I only have a rear blade I don't see a need for the toplink but if I were to get 1 remote, I'd probably get both now just incase.

My question. Can the parts be installed myself and are they everything I'd need? The cables, instructions, lever to control etc. My dealer is 25 miles away and I don't have a trailer so I'd rather not pay for a pickup for service if I can do it myself.

Lastly, where do I go about looking for the side hydraulic part? I don't know what size in length or anything about what I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? My rear blade is a 6' Leinbach SO6 blade if it matters. About 400 pounds.

Thanks.

/ Rear Remote question #3  
Installing the rear remotes is pretty straight forward. They come with instructions and a set of wrenches and sockets should do. Everything you need is there in the kit. You don't have to be a mechanic to do this. It took me under 4 hours to install and check a dual set. I could do it faster now. The seat needs removed to get room to work.

You can check this site for the hyd link: Tractor Hydraulic toplinks, Top-N-Tilt, Side link cylinders If you call them, they will either know which one you need or will explain how to measure so you get the proper size. There are other places to buy these like some of the links/advertisements on TBN. Don't forget to buy the hoses to go from the hyd side link cylinder to the rear remote and you'll need two quick disconnects for the ends of the hoses to match up to the remote outlets.

/ Rear Remote question #4  
Remove the seat. Install yourself. I did mine. Not hard, follow the instructions.

/ Rear Remote question #5  
My CT235 didn't come with rear remotes, but lately I kind of wish I had at least one for controlling the side to side pitch of my rear blade. (Getting tired of cranking) Since I only have a rear blade I don't see a need for the toplink but if I were to get 1 remote, I'd probably get both now just incase.

My question. Can the parts be installed myself and are they everything I'd need? The cables, instructions, lever to control etc. My dealer is 25 miles away and I don't have a trailer so I'd rather not pay for a pickup for service if I can do it myself.

Lastly, where do I go about looking for the side hydraulic part? I don't know what size in length or anything about what I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? My rear blade is a 6' Leinbach SO6 blade if it matters. About 400 pounds.

Thanks.

2" cylinder, 4" stroke with 16" or 17" center line at hole to hole mid stroke. Remember that you need a clevis at the top, not a ball joint.

/ Rear Remote question #7  
I would definately install both remotes at one time! As for the cylinders, I have a top link by CCM... and my side link was built for me by Brian "MtnViewRanch" (two posts above). Both are very high quality with nice craftsmanship.

/ Rear Remote question #8  
$792.00 to get the 1 into 2 rear remotes from the factory, can it be done for less thru parts?

/ Rear Remote question
I called up my Bobcat dealer and they quoted me in the low 400's for both remotes. I said go ahead and order and I'll pick them up in a week or so. It should have all the parts and hoses I need.

Next is the side link. I'll ask if Bobcat has something already setup for what I need but I'm not hopeful. I'll checkout some of the links you guys posted and then I guess all I would need is the hoses.

I won't get a toplink yet as all I have is a rear blade so I don't see a need for that, yet.

/ Rear Remote question #10  
I bought two pair of rear hydr. remotes for my CT450 and installed with the help of my neighbor