CT335 question

/ CT335 question #1  

afoster

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 with cab
I've been looking at the CT335 with a cab and comparing to it similar size Kubota and trying to decide which one to purchase. I'll be using the tractor in the bush in the fall to get firewood (were things unexpectedly stick up out of the ground) and one of the things I noticed on the CT335 is that the front steering hydraulics as well as some of the hydraulic lines are exposed outside of the main body of the tractor, were on the Kubota they are not. Has damage to to these lines been an issue with anyone that has a CT335 or is the ground clearance and the actual positioning of these lines done in such away to prevent damage to these lines. Also is all the glass on these cabs shatterproof or just the front and back panels.

/ CT335 question #2  
I have a CT 335 and have been in the woods plenty with it and so far have not had any trouble with the lines in question. Although i havent went threw a winter and froozen ground but plenty of sticks and logs and i have had it stuck perty good and still no problems. As far as the glass i do not have a cab on mine so cant help on that.

/ CT335 question
I've had two Kubotas over the years both in the size range of the CT335, but without cabs. After many Yukon winters of moving snow without the protection of a cab, I'm finding I sure would like to have a cab. The present 0% financing makes it very attractive to consider buying a new tractor configured the way I want it. A friend purchased CT 440 with cab and I tried it out and was impressed enough to consider moving away from Kubota, but there was enough differences between the two brands that I'm trying to get as good as comparison between the two before I commit to making the change. So any information about the CT335 from owners would be appreciated. The CT440 was just bit bigger physically than would best meet my needs.

/ CT335 question #4  
I'm trying to get as good as comparison between the two before I commit to making the change. So any information about the CT335 from owners would be appreciated. The CT440 was just bit bigger physically than would best meet my needs.

Comparison is very simple actually.

The Bobcat has more lift capacity, is heavier and in my opinion, better built overall.

The thing that really sealed the deal for me is that in order to get the features that are STANDARD in the Bobcat, you need to step up to a Grand L in the Kubota line, which adds even more to the price difference (in Bobcats favor), period.

/ CT335 question #5  
You know I was concerned about this when I bought my 335 because I use mine in the woods ALOT. More than half of my hours are accumulated by knocking down trees and clearing brush. I am a landscape contractor who also does woods clearing and wildlife management. I have been trying to figure a way to build some kind of skid plate to protect the front end especially the grease zerks on the front bottom. I honestly don't know how I haven't ripped them off yet. SO far (squinting here) all seems alright.

/ CT335 question
I'm getting closer to ordering one of these tractors and seeing it will be the first new tractor I've owned I was considering adding a few implements with the purchase. I was wondering if anyone has used a CT335 with a FEl mounted 84" snow blade that Bobcat recommends. I already have a rear mounted snow blower that will fit this tractor and was hoping with the snow blade that I would be fully prepared for what ever winter can throw at me.

/ CT335 question
Well I made the plunge and put in and order for a CT335 with cab. It was hard to turn down the discounts they were offering on a new tractor. Now I just have to wait till it arrives and also hope we don't get anymore snow until then.

/ CT335 question #8  
Congrats! What's your price and package. I"m looking for same tractor in SST!

/ CT335 question
I ordered it with the cab package, front and rear hydraulics, 84" snow blade and rear angle blade. The price wouldn't be very relevant compared to prices I've seen quoted down in the lower 48 as we have extra taxes and shipping costs ($2400) that you wouldn't have. It still worked out to be considerably cheaper than a similar equipped Kubota here in Whitehorse. Hopefully it will stand up as well as the previous Kubotas I've owned and have a similar resale value when it comes time to sell it in the future.