What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends?

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #1  

whiskywizard

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK20S HST
I'm a prospective Bobcat buyer (CT235) but haven't closed the door on other makes. I'm sure you all know Bobcat is presently manufactured by Daedong as part of a 5 year deal that is in its fourth year. Any thoughts on what it might mean for service and other support if the contract isnt renewed? Kioti is 100% owned by DaeDong so Kioti support will carry on. Should I be considering the Kioti over the Bobcat? I'm wide open to opinions on this...

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #2  
I think your contract deal info is not 100% correct.
I don't think Bobcat would be investing all the money into R&D for the attachments that THEY are now making themselves. Such as all the loaders, mowers, front mounted blowers,snowplows.
My money is invested with Bobcat for the long haul....Ya never know, Bobcats parent company Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment may just own Daedong someday and Kioti maybe in the same mentioned question as you are having right now.
;)

Last edited:
   / What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #3  
I own a 2009 CT230 and that thought never enters my mind. I'm sure that Bobcat is enjoying the sales of tractors and equipment for them.

Do you own a GM product? Aren't you worried about them going out of business?

Stop worrying and buy a tractor...they are great!

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #4  
If Bobcat stops selling Daedong tractors, you could always get your parts at a Kioti dealer.

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #5  
And if Kioti stops selling tractors, you can always get your parts at a Bobcat dealer.;)

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #6  
And if Kioti stops selling tractors, you can always get your parts at a Bobcat dealer.;)
True! No matter which color survives, I'm sure you can always get parts from Wallace! :thumbsup:

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends? #7  
This is good for all Kioti and BC owners. And there is LS using Daedong engines, I hear?

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends?
wallace said:
I think your contract deal info is not 100% correct.

I thought my source was credible, but maybe not. I'd like to hear what the real deal is, if my info is incorrect.

/ What happens to Bobcat when Kioti contract ends?
Canada_CT230 said:
I own a 2009 CT230 and that thought never enters my mind. I'm sure that Bobcat is enjoying the sales of tractors and equipment for them.

Do you own a GM product? Aren't you worried about them going out of business?

Stop worrying and buy a tractor...they are great!

The GM parallel is a good example. No, I don't own a GM, and never would, partly because the company may not survive. Long term support is an important consideration for me. I understand that you're not concerned, but you don't say why. I like the Bobcat, and the nearest dealer is a good one too, but i need to understand what will happen if...