Price Check 100 hour ct445 Price Check

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #1  

ispan1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota l245, Ferguson TEA-20, Farmall Cub (Sold...Play taps in your head)
Hi Folks,

I've been looking for a cut in the 35hp range, but I called the local Bobcat dealer today and they had a ct445/loader with about 100 hours for 19000. I don't know much about Bobcats except that that is a big tractor that would probably never bat an eye at anything I would ask of it -- bushhogging, driveway maintenance, lawn resurfacing, foundation work, moving materials. I'm not entirely opposed to having more than enough tractor.

Anyone have any experience with this tractor and know if that's a good price?

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #2  
Ispan1,

What kind of shape is it in? Does it look abused in any way? Anything bent on it, mars in the paint etc.? In other words, does it look like an easy 100hrs or a hard 100hrs? I'm going to assume it is a HST transmission? A Bobcat is basically a Kioti. There are a couple minor differences (controls/buttons, draft control vs. no draft control) but overall, they are nearly the same tractor. They are built at the same plant in S. Korea....kind of like a GMC and a Chevy pickup. You won't go wrong if you buy it.......but then again, you didn't really mention what you plan to use it for???

All things considered, I think $19K is a great price for a 45HP machine, especially if it is in really good condition. Here in the Cincinnati area, if I ran across that, I'd probably jump on it in a heart beat......again, assuming it is in really good condition. I would imagine that that should be a really good price w/in the state of NY as well?

Is that a firm number/price? I'm sure there's a little wiggle room there??? If you like it, can afford it, get it and enjoy it!!!!! They are awesome machines!!!

Best wishes! Oh, one last thing....don't forget the pics when you bring it home:thumbsup:

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check
Yes, I'm actually more familiar with Kioti, but my local salesman is out for the week, which is why I called Bobcat. You make a good point about the kind of 100 hours it's been through. I haven't seen it, so I don't know but how bad could it be?

I did mention above my uses briefly. I'm on 12 acres and need to do some lawn resurfacing, french drain digging (without a bh), material moving, bush hogging, and driveway maintenance.

I am tempted to pull the trigger on that monster, but it is much bigger than I was planning. I was originally thinking Kubota l3400.

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #4  
I have the 335 as well as a Kubota L3400 and let me tell you they are not even in the same conversation. Gear shift vs the hydro alone is a huge difference and the 3 pt. set-up on the 3400 is almost criminal especially compared to the Bobcat. You won't be disappointed

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #5  
Ispan1,

I apologize. You did mention your intended uses......guess I'll just claim that one on...."couldn't see the trees for the forest in front of me.":laughing:

I agonized over the Kubota L3940 HST, but in the end I couldn't justify $4K to $6K more when the Kioti (BC in your case) edged out the Kubota in performance (in my mind.....weight, FEL cap., etc) and was just flat out more comfortable to operate (ergonomically)!:D

I know you won't regret it :thumbsup:

Best wishes!!!

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #6  
That is a good deal. What year is it? Does it come with at least 1 rear remote and FEL? When I was looking, I wanted a CT440 (brand new 2010) and it was way more than your CT445 price. I was talked away from the bigger machine (no tractor experience) of my intended use and now I sure would like bigger than my CT235 from what I've been doing. I have 186hrs. on it now and 90hrs. is just for chipping and I still have a lot of trees to go and stumps to dig....
Good luck on your purchase. I think you'll like it if you do buy it.

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check
I'm not sure what year it is. I might try to go take a look tomorrow. It is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I'm sure it's a lot more tractor too. The new l3700 is going for 18k with 0% and the Kubota guys tell me that's a good deal.

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #8  
Price an L4240 at your Kubota dealer. That will give you a fair comparison with ct445. The l3700 is more in line with the ct235.

/ 100 hour ct445 Price Check #9  
Dont jump on the deal too quick! I went to a few dealers and called many around the country before I bought my CT445 and found a 2009 left over for $15900 OTD!!! The dealer turned down my offer and it took almost a week before he accepted it. The machine had 9 hrs on it and the warranty didnt begin until I signed on the line.
You will LOVE the 445!!! Word of caution, the FEL is VERY strong and will lift the back end off the ground before you know it, weigh the back tires with fluid!!!