Rear Scraper Blade

/ Rear Scraper Blade #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Back in december my old blade broke. I bought a woods RB72. At the time the only tractor I had was a 8n Ford, I had no idea I was going to buy a new tractor in just a few months or I would have stepped up to a hbl72. This rb72 blade is rated for tractors 12-40hp. It seems really light duty behind the 8n. My bobcat CT235 pulls way harder than the 8n. I am afraid to use the bobact in 4wd or with the diff locked. I emailed woods and they said that blade would be fine but the guy said the more power you have it is easier it would be to tear up. Is this blade enough for this tractor? What kind of blade are you using behind your 200 series bobcat?

/ Rear Scraper Blade #2  
I have an HBL96 that I use with a larger tractor, and its a little too much balde for my ct335. I picked up a Bush Hog 50-07 and it has been working great with the 335. It is sturdier the the basic Woods RB series. Your 235 would probably handle it nicely also, but an HBL would definitely take anything your 235 could dish out.

You are wise to be careful about damaging your current blade. Those RBs look like they are made to be used gently.

/ Rear Scraper Blade
milkman636 said:
I have an HBL96 that I use with a larger tractor, and its a little too much balde for my ct335. I picked up a Bush Hog 50-07 and it has been working great with the 335. It is sturdier the the basic Woods RB series. Your 235 would probably handle it nicely also, but an HBL would definitely take anything your 235 could dish out.

You are wise to be careful about damaging your current blade. Those RBs look like they are made to be used gently.

I also emailed bush hog and they said a 35 series would be enough but that looks about like rb72. How much did your 50 series bush hog blade cost?

/ Rear Scraper Blade #4  
The bright shiny orange one the dealer had was $775. The weathered yellow (still new) one he had from the previous year he sold me for $695.

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 1,543
   / Rear Scraper Blade
That is a nice looking blade. I like clevis style hook up and how the moldboard is shaped. The 50 series bush hog is only $100 than my rb72 was.

/ Rear Scraper Blade #6  
The clevis style hook ups are important if your going to put any grunt into it. I wouldn't buy a blade that didn't have them.

/ Rear Scraper Blade
milkman636 said:
The clevis style hook ups are important if your going to put any grunt into it. I wouldn't buy a blade that didn't have them.

I bent the pins on my old ford blade many times. It was a very heavy duty blade but it did not have clevis hook ups, maybe clevis hookups were not out when it was made.

/ Rear Scraper Blade #8  
I had an old yellow 6' Ford blade that I used with my Ford 2000. It was normal to change pins every so often. That's how I learned not to buy a blade like that again.

/ Rear Scraper Blade #9  
WOW that blade is like night and day designed better than king kutter