Dealer BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #1  

Kevko

Tractor
MF GC2410
Found out an interesting bit of news today when I contacted a Kioti dealer to ask if the Kioti CK20 and the Bobcat's CT122 were the same tractor. The dealer told me that the tractors (no attachments) Are basically the same machine, however cross referencing part numbers to get parts for a Kioti from a Bobcat dealer and vice versa would not be very easy. He also told me that the manufacturer Daedong and Bobcat's contract is going to run out in roughly 18 months, where Bobcat could be getting out of the compact tractor business due to not enough sales of them. Has anyone else heard of this?? I went and checked out there tractors and was very impressed by the beefyness and construction. So Much that they are bringing in a CT122 from another dealer so I can compare it to some of the competition. Trouble is I dn't want to buy something that I am not going to be able parts for in a few years after the warranty runs out.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #2  
Kevko,

Kioti dealer propaganda and sales pitch, I'd guess.
Yes, this has been brought up before. The dealers here on TBN discounted any concerns whatsoever.

I wouldn't worry one moment about it.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #3  
Found out an interesting bit of news today when I contacted a Kioti dealer to ask if the Kioti CK20 and the Bobcat's CT122 were the same tractor. The dealer told me that the tractors (no attachments) Are basically the same machine, however cross referencing part numbers to get parts for a Kioti from a Bobcat dealer and vice versa would not be very easy. .
I'm not sure why there would be an issue cross referencing part #'s.
If I felt it was nessasary and I had a Bob Cat I would just buy a parts manual for a Kioti (or vice versa), look up the part I wanted and I have the part # .

Last edited:
   / BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #4  
oh no not this again why cant all the Rainbow dealers play nice together Rumor dismissed over and over One just opened here East of Dallas. Here go read some
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-tractors/194935-what-happens-bobcat-when-kioti.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...siness.html?highlight=Daedong+contract+bobcat

On another note About parts I called a Kioti dealer in Tx they had no problem gettin me a part for a 230. I just told them what I wanted in the Kioti equivalent
ie:230/ck30HSt tractor.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION
Input well taken. Thank you. Being a salesman myself, I know th drill for discouraging from competition, which is why I like posting for feedback to determine credibility on things. I planned on confronting Bobcat with the statement when I go check out the tractor today, For almost the same price it seems like it is much more machine than the Kubota BX's The CubCadet Sc2450, The Massey GC2410, and Deere isn't able to compete at this point without their new subcompact model. I also am affilitiated with contacts for marine diesels who may also be able to assist if engine parts are ever needed not sure until I check on that. plus on-line almost anything can be found if it exists somewhere.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #6  
Input well taken. Thank you. Being a salesman myself, I know th drill for discouraging from competition, which is why I like posting for feedback to determine credibility on things. I planned on confronting Bobcat with the statement when I go check out the tractor today, For almost the same price it seems like it is much more machine than the Kubota BX's The CubCadet Sc2450, The Massey GC2410, and Deere isn't able to compete at this point without their new subcompact model. I also am affilitiated with contacts for marine diesels who may also be able to assist if engine parts are ever needed not sure until I check on that. plus on-line almost anything can be found if it exists somewhere.

I found the same I could build the same tractor in a different color but that by the time added the extras(biggest for me extendable liftarms on 3pt,adjustable seat, Remotes, comfortable operating station, and the #1 price) to the other brands they just could not compete and most of all the ones out here in the rural country that I visited are family owned so I wound up talkin to the lazy bothered that you woke him from his slumber second cousin that could give 2 ***** if I brought there after bad mouthing everything else I would get prices on a peice of ripped paper no breakdown on what I was paying for. All wanted more for this or that something **** Bobcat even delivered the tractor when it came in(what a wait 6months) included in price about 70miles depending on route. Now I think they got a handle on that from what I have been reading on here

Not saying all family dealers are like this but fair share are they know who they are.

Good luck in your search BTW You never said what would be you using the tractor for. The guys in the forum are very helpful go checkout and lookup Wallace He is very helpful here and is a Bobcat dealer if you decide you want one How could you not:D.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION
Everyone thus far on this web site has been fantastic with replys, information and experience on these small tractors. It is not that I have cold feet, but when dumping a small fortune into something, I tend to make sure I do my homework first not to end up in a situation from not knowing or making a bad choice. I know nothing is full proof, but at least I can say I didn't just jump in blind. The whole idea of this started after a guy I work with got a steal of deal on a 98 or 99 Kubota B series FEL along with an unusal overload of snow this past winter and difficulty to knock down plowed up 8+ ft piles of the stuff to see getting out of my driveway without getting clipped. Then I took things a step further with finally having the funds to add a second bathroom to my small home, which requires a foundation to be added. I figured I could dig that hole since were are talking on 12x6X 4 deep. Then the lis of yard projects began grwoing from re-graveling the driveway to removing some rocks and stumps, and digging out a well hole, grading the yard with new loom. removing the patio after the deck is added onto the bathroom addition, etc, etc, Nothing super huge but well suited for a subcompact to do the work and saving what is left of my deteriorating low back. I got to look at the Bobcat CT122 tonight with the FEL. (they didn't have the BH for it yet so I could see the whole unit. Bobcat head quarters called me today as well to put the rumor of them getting out of the tractor business to rest and that they support disconntinued products for at least 20 years. The more I looked at the CT122 It honestly is way more machine than I need and Doubtful it will fit in my shed to be stored safely. I'd look pretty silly running around less than a 1/2 an acre on that monster. I might be passing on this one and leaning back at the BX25

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #8  
I bought my 235 Bobcat from my local Bobcat dealer only because of the low price at that time.The Bobcat dealer that I bought my tractor from is not very helpful and does not seem to be too interested in the compact tractor market. I have never gone back there after I bought the tractor and go to the local Kioti dealer instead. I have never had to buy any major parts, but for maintenance parts such as filters, etc., they have always been able to cross reference parts with no trouble. If Bobcat stops selling tractors, which I don't think will happen, I am sure you will be able to get parts for many years, either from Bobcat or Kioti.

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #9  
Me I could not even see a BX for a 1/2 acre think overkill comes to mind have you considered just renting something a weekend at a time takin the money and buying a nice zeroturn or something a little more fitting and pocketing the other 6k. Flashback:confused2: when I was a kid I did about 15ac with my dads setup a reel gang mower set up 1-3-5wide pulled by a little Sears SS12 when I left NY I gave it back he just moved and sold it all off:( I just could not justify the 2k in fuel to go get it even at 45yrs old still ran better than my new Husqvarna. Now I do 15ac+ with a 230 and 5ft rotarycutter

Think it dont cost nothin till you sign on the line

/ BOBCAT COMPACT TRACTOR EXTINCTION #10  
Kind of funny to see a post with extinction in the name, and then see the last post was by "Sabretooth":laughing:

I plan to keep my Bobcat alive for quite a while. Extinction will be a long way off.