KK Tiller for CT235

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #1  

tonydn6

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Hey everyone! New CT235 owner here, actually picked it up in January and have to post some pics when I figure out how to do it! I am looking at the King Kutter 60 inch tiller from Everything attachments. Anyone have any experience with King Kutter and did you have to cut the PTO shaft at all to fit the CT235?

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #2  
With 35hp, why not get the six foot KK tiller? I run one of those on my Kioti DK40se (CT440 equivalent) and have plenty of power to spare.

The KK tillers are excellent values and tough as nails. No complaints.

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #3  
Not sure if you need to cut PTO shaft or not, Everything Attachements may be able to tell you. If shaft only 1 or 2" too long you could also extend your telescopic lift arms then push the lock lever down, they will locked in the extended position.

As far width goes as mentioned in first post, I run a 60" Pittsbugh on my CT225 and have plenty of power to spare. Only bought the 60" because of price at an auction. 6' will denfitely cover your tire tacks regardless of tires you have without offsetting the tiller.

/ KK Tiller for CT235
Thanks guys, I have the Ag tires so the 60 inch would cover the tracks, but will definitely look at the 6 footer also. I am looking to use it for putting in some small food plots for deer for for a garden. The area I am in is big in rocks...I think we grow more rocks than crops here! Would I be better served to plow the areas first then pick out as many of the bigger rocks as I can then use the tiller? What do you guys recommend.

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #5  
By the way, cutting a PTO shaft is a fifteen minute task. Just make sure you understand the measurements. There are lots of directions on how to do it properly on TBN and it really shouldn't take more than an hour tops including double checking etc. Just need a hack saw and a file or two to clean up the cuts. I used a metal blade on a battery powered sawzall. I did not need to cut the KK supplied PTO shaft for my DK40se but the geometry may be different than the CT235/ck35.

/ KK Tiller for CT235
Yeah, the process of cutting the PTO shaft looks simple, based on the instructional from the Everything attachments site. I was just wondering if anyone with a CT235 had purchased one of these KK tillers and if they had to do it. What about my rocks or sometimes boulders question? Anyone using in rocky area like what I would be using it in?

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #7  
I use mine in New England soil. I wouldn't say it is terribly rocky but I have nailed quite a few rocks of 10-20lbs and the tiller hasn't shown any damage at all. There is a slip clutch so you need to keep that adjusted and free.

/ KK Tiller for CT235
Ok, thanks for the replies. We're probably in the same boat as far as soil and rocks goes. I just figured that some of those bigger rocks might damage the tiller but from all I have been reading they are well built heavy duty tillers and can take a good pounding.

/ KK Tiller for CT235 #9  
The tiller basically climbs over big rocks. The tines are strong enough to absorb the shock and to then lift the tiller. I've never had the slip clutch disengage by hitting a rock that I know of. I've had the clutch slip when the tines got massively tangled with grape roots but that and one fireplace size log is about the only thing that has stopped it.

/ KK Tiller for CT235
Well good to know...I'll be placing the order in the next week or so for the tiller.:thumbsup: