ct335 wont turn over

/ ct335 wont turn over #1  

raptorrob

Tractor
ct335
I have a ct335 hst had been moving some dirt for about two hours. Then when i hit forward pedal started to stall then hit reverse and same thing. So I turned it off and wouldn't restart for a few attempts then started and shut off instantly. Now it won't do anything. When I turn the key it makes one click I wait for the glow plug light to go off then turn the key and nothing. If I turn the key on and then push in brake before starting everytime I push the brake I get the click again. The sound is coming from the front of the motor on the right side if sitting on the tractor. This is my first diesel so I'm still learning but I think it's something to do with the fuel pump. When you step on the brake you can feel something engaging were the click is coming from. It has a small wire harness going into it. Any help would be appreciated it's still under warranty but the cost of the part might be less than getting it to the dealer.

/ ct335 wont turn over #2  
I have had this twice. Once it was the plug under the seat for the kill switch and the second time it was a fuse. 5A

/ ct335 wont turn over
I wish it was that easy I checked both of those no luck

/ ct335 wont turn over #4  
make sure the PTO lever is in neutral, all the way back. I had this happen when going up a hill in mid range, started loosing power & shifted into low. next tiem I went to start nothing but the fuel solenoid clicking (that's on RHS of engine). I had accidentally engaged the PTO lever when I reached for the range shift and engaged. PTO must be in neutral to start.

/ ct335 wont turn over
yeah mine has a button you pull to the right of the steering wheel it's not engaged but thanks for the suggestion

/ ct335 wont turn over #6  
That click from the right front of the motor is probably the fuel shut off solenoid as SSdoxie mentioned. About 1 1/4 inch round, 3 1/2 inch long, plunger to the front connected to the injector pump linkage, and two wires entering the opposite end. When you turn the key, it's supposed to make a click which allows the fuel to enter the injection pump. Diesel engines are turned off by cutting off the fuel supply. It sounds like the starter is not turning over which probably is an electrical problem. Bobcats have several more safety switches than the Kiotis or at least more than my 2005 Kioti CK30hst. I think you guys have a seat, clutch, pto, and forward/reverse pedal safety switches. Maybe one is stuck somehow and won't let the power go to the starter. Not sure why it started to stall in the very beginning. How's the fuel filter? Maybe plugged and starving the engine for fuel. I guess you need to get it to turn over first and then figure out the power/fuel problem.

/ ct335 wont turn over #7  
The engine stop solenoid has two coils, one the pulls it open, and one that holds it open. If the hold coil fails your injector pump control rack will close off the supply of fuel to your injectors. The pull coil only energizes for a second then the hold coild takes over. The pull coil has very low resistance and may pop a fuse or burn itself out if you keep trying to start it repeatedly.

It is a gold colored little can that bolts on with a two bolt flange in front of the injector pump and next to the fan belt. There is a three wire plug that comes off the end pointing downward.

When you turn the ignition key on: one of the outer wire terminals should have 12v continuosly, and the opposite outer one should have 12v for only a second.

With the key off and wires disconnected from the relay: there should be 28 ohms resistence between one of the outer relay terminals and the center one, and 0.3 between the other outer relay terminal and the center one.

/ ct335 wont turn over #8  
would check the starter first if its not turning over at all. Once it turns over then wont fire, I would check the fuel system.

/ ct335 wont turn over #9  
Check the fuse relay panel. There is a fuse for the safety interlock switches (1 fuse) and relay to the starter solenoid. Either the fuse could be blown or the relay stuck.