Toolbox

/ Toolbox #11  
One of the fellas in another thread had used some 4" pvc pipe mounted down in front of the brake (sst) or hst pedals to hold chains said:
Can you point us to that thread? I'd like to see pictures of the PVC pipe. Great idea!

/ Toolbox #12  
Here is what my chain holder looks like.

Attachments

• 2011-06-03_20-11-39_129.jpg
    2011-06-03_20-11-39_129.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 767
   / Toolbox #13  
That's really a good idea. Thanks for the pic. I suppose a 6" pvc end cap (might need something larger though??) on a strap would make a nice lid for that to keep water out. I'm going to build one of those as soon as I get the tractor.

/ Toolbox #14  
I used 4". I didn't put a cap on top but i put one on the bottom and drilled a few drain holes in it just in case. Tractor stays in garage if not being used, so shouldn't be an issue.

/ Toolbox #15  
Can you point us to that thread? I'd like to see pictures of the PVC pipe. Great idea!

Here's a photo of my chain holders and chainsaw holder. I can't take credit for the concepts. I got the ideas from earlier TBN posts.

Attachments

• 20110412_KiotiChainsaw_and_Chain_Holders_2 (1024x768).jpg
    20110412_KiotiChainsaw_and_Chain_Holders_2 (1024x768).jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 690
   / Toolbox #16  
Here's a photo of my chain holders and chainsaw holder. I can't take credit for the concepts. I got the ideas from earlier TBN posts.

Thanks kco; yes, that is the picture I had seen earlier. I had considered something like rabidracin's design, but the thought of lifting and dragging the chains out over all the sheet metal was disconcerting, not to mention that these old shoulders aren't very happy anymore when lifting things at an arms length.

I used to work with an old Massey, and just kept the chains on the floorboard by my feet. They were handy there, easy to get to and not much chance to damage sheet metal, but unrestrained. This keeps them in a similar location while making sure they stay there...

/ Toolbox #18  
   / Toolbox #19  
Thanks tornadowatch. It was your ideas that I copied. :thumbsup:

Thanks to both of you for your replies! Lots of good ideas! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Toolbox #20  
What did you use for the chain saw mount? I can't make it out from the photo.