Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Default Re: Toolbox

Quote Originally Posted by gumshu View Post
    What did you use for the chain saw mount? I can't make it out from the photo.
    The chainsaw case is 3 pieces of 1/2" plywood, all cut the same with the bottom edge more or less following the contour of the loader mounting bracket. I traced an area a bit larger than the chainsaw bar on one of the pieces and sandwiched it between the other two using white glue and some small (#8?) bolts. The bolts likely weren't necessary.

The holder mounts using the two existing holes in the loader mounting bracket.

Before gluing I installed a carriage bolt for the top connection to the loader bracket and drilled a hole opposite it in case I needed to access the bolt. That likely wasn't necessary and I should have just glued the bolt in the wood.

The bottom connection is an ordinary bolt that goes through all three pieces of plywood (i.e. the chainsaw bar is completely above the bottom bolt).

I have attached a cropped picture that may help.

I see the chainsaw's bumper spike is resting on the case. But I actually grooved the back piece of plywood and the bumper spike fits over the rear side of the case with the main body of the saw resting on the holder.

I got the idea for this from tornadowatchranch and the ideas for using plywood from other posters on TBN.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20110412_kiotichainsaw_and_chain_holders_6-2-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    bobcat 440

some very nice ideas on what to do with the chains and saw, i had been struggling with what to do with mine. thanks for the ideas and photos

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    The chainsaw case is 3 pieces of 1/2" plywood, all cut the same with the bottom edge more or less following the contour of the loader mounting bracket. I traced an area a bit larger than the chainsaw bar on one of the pieces and sandwiched it between the other two using white glue and some small (#8?) bolts. The bolts likely weren't necessary.

The holder mounts using the two existing holes in the loader mounting bracket.

Before gluing I installed a carriage bolt for the top connection to the loader bracket and drilled a hole opposite it in case I needed to access the bolt. That likely wasn't necessary and I should have just glued the bolt in the wood.

The bottom connection is an ordinary bolt that goes through all three pieces of plywood (i.e. the chainsaw bar is completely above the bottom bolt).

I have attached a cropped picture that may help.

I see the chainsaw's bumper spike is resting on the case. But I actually grooved the back piece of plywood and the bumper spike fits over the rear side of the case with the main body of the saw resting on the holder.

I got the idea for this from tornadowatchranch and the ideas for using plywood from other posters on TBN.
    Thanks for the feedack, KCO. Nice setup!
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstring View Post
    I'm waiting anxiously for my CT235. My only dislike with the tractor is that the toolbox is pathetic. I am looking for a replacement even before I get the thing! This looks good.

So answer a question for a noob: What do I need in my toolbox on the tractor? What's in yours?
    One thing I forgot to mention as an essential in the toolbox...or on the tractor somewhere... BUGSPRAY, 100% deet preferred. I hate using the stuff but after a few hours in the seat everyday, or splitting wood or whatever you're doing, that stuff does come in handy.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT122

I thought I would add my toolbox to the mix. It's a "boater's waterproof box" from the boating section of my Walmart. I mounted it to the spot where the owners manual used to sit.

So far it has been great and everything stays completely dry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -toolbox-jpg  

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

did they move the fuel tank from under the hood on newer models of Bobcats?

Using storage designed for boating actually seems like a pretty good idea, especially since the one in your picture is narrow and more likely to fit behind the seat as opposed to something like the waterproof Stanley tool box that I ended up with, which just barely fits between the tractor seat and backhoe seat.

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Quote Originally Posted by Crike View Post
    I've wanted to replace the small toolbox ever since I bought this tractor.This Stanley Fatmax was the only one that I could find around here that has a watertight seal and more than enough room for what I need. The only drawback is it blocks some of my view of the 3pt hitch.
    Looks good, I like the big size.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    1878 Ford 65N

Quote Originally Posted by lilranch2001 View Post
    did they move the fuel tank from under the hood on newer models of Bobcats?

Nope...that is the CT122 model. That model is too small for under hood fuel tank. Always been that way.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_CT230 View Post
    Nope...that is the CT122 model. That model is too small for under hood fuel tank. Always been that way.
    Ahhh I think thats the first time i have seen a pic of one, my dealer never has one on the lot when I am there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast