Toolbox

/ Toolbox #1  

Crike

Tractor
Bobcat CT450 Hydro
I've wanted to replace the small toolbox ever since I bought this tractor.This Stanley Fatmax was the only one that I could find around here that has a watertight seal and more than enough room for what I need. The only drawback is it blocks some of my view of the 3pt hitch.

Attachments

• Toolbox (2).jpg
    Toolbox (2).jpg
    459 KB · Views: 1,850
   / Toolbox #2  
Interesting, as I was looking to do the same thing, and after a dozen internet searches it seems the FatMax is about the only tool box reasonably available that meets the "watertight" criteria. Glad to see that it more or less fits the space, though it would be nice if there were something just a bit smaller...

/ Toolbox #3  
I'm waiting anxiously for my CT235. My only dislike with the tractor is that the toolbox is pathetic. I am looking for a replacement even before I get the thing! This looks good.

So answer a question for a noob: What do I need in my toolbox on the tractor? What's in yours?

/ Toolbox #4  
I am looking for a replacement even before I get the thing!

Hey Steel. You might keep in mind your plans for a BH, the BH will not allow for a large toolbox like that I don't think. My seat on my Woods hits the little worthless standard box. Just thought I would mention that!

/ Toolbox #6  
I did about the same thing with an old craftsman steel tool box. I took the manual holder off the back of the seat so I could slide the tool box farther forward. It's got chains, straps, two big crescent wrenches and lots of assorted lynch pins. I hung the manual holder to the inside wall of my shed.

/ Toolbox #7  
Hey Steel. You might keep in mind your plans for a BH, the BH will not allow for a large toolbox like that I don't think. My seat on my Woods hits the little worthless standard box. Just thought I would mention that!

Actually I have an 8TB backhoe on a ct335, and on mine at least it appears that this would fit without issue, except for being a little larger than necessary (if there is such a thing). I suspect I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can find one, so I'll let you know.

... I took the manual holder off the back of the seat so I could slide the tool box farther forward. It's got chains, straps, two big crescent wrenches and lots of assorted lynch pins. I hung the manual holder to the inside wall of my shed.

Taking the manual box off would make it fit better, good hint. :thumbsup:

As far as what to put in it, even my stock small one is pretty similar to Pooba's: a couple of crescent wrenches, wire snips, some wire ties, a couple of screw pin shackles, and the mandatory lynch pins. One of the fellas in another thread had used some 4" pvc pipe mounted down in front of the brake (sst) or hst pedals to hold chains, and I kinda like that idea at the moment for those, unless I can come up with something better.

/ Toolbox #8  
I used a military ammo box on mine. It's steel, waterproof, and the perfect size to hold all the essentials... straps, extra pins, misc tools. I also keep a chainsaw tool, small flashlite, some wire, zipties and shackles. You'll find out what you need to keep in there everytime you don't have something you need.

I also took the manual holder off of the seat.

Here's a picture but it's not the best to see the toolbox, hopefully you can zoom into it.

Attachments

• DSC01680.jpg
    DSC01680.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 910
   / Toolbox #9  
So answer a question for a noob: What do I need in my toolbox on the tractor? What's in yours?

I am fairly new to all this stuff as well, but here is what I carry in the toolbox:

- Chains
- flashlight
- needlenose plyers
- Socket wrenches
- screwdrivers
- weed eater string
- wire cutter
- hammer

MoKelly

/ Toolbox #10  
I did about the same thing with an old craftsman steel tool box. I took the manual holder off the back of the seat so I could slide the tool box farther forward. It's got chains, straps, two big crescent wrenches and lots of assorted lynch pins. I hung the manual holder to the inside wall of my shed.

I found a picture I took last summer.

Attachments

• 0000 - tool box.jpg
    0000 - tool box.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 1,218