Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    CT235

Default Re: Pallet fork recommendations?

For moving logs and firewoods I would go with the grapple ... on your others tasks forks is better . I see both in your future .
    2010 CT235 with Bobtach, Rear Remotes, FEL, Kioti 60" Boxblade, 36" Fork, Snow-Sport Snow Plow, Wally BX42 Chipper, Land Pride LR 1584, Land Pride RB 1584, Gator 48" Grapple, HTL, Woods BH7500, HF 3PT Hitch Quick Attach, HF 3PT Hitch (Modified to work with BobTach in Front)
    CT 235 traded for CT 440 with free 72" snow blower...

Bronze Member

I got a set from gator attachments, don't recall the price exactly but wanna say $500 ish

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77

What k0ua said...CAL manufacturing.
    After looking at most brands of Q/A forks (calls and e-mails to various manufacturers) and waiting for back ordered kubota forks for 6 months, I settled on these from Cal manufacturing. Glad I did.
    What also is nice about these compared to some other after market fork sets is that even those these look like the floating type forks (that would swing forward when you tilt forks down)...they are not! They lock to the frame and are a breeze to adjust the forks and the frame is light enough I can shove it out of the way when they are detached.

I would recommend if you look at this brand that you do not be tempted into the larger size sets unless you have a much larger FEL because a set was initially delivered here by accident and though they hooked on tractor they were huge! About 450lbs!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Tompet View Post
    What k0ua said...CAL manufacturing.
    After looking at most brands of Q/A forks (calls and e-mails to various manufacturers) and waiting for back ordered Kubota forks for 6 months, I settled on these from Cal manufacturing. Glad I did.
    What also is nice about these compared to some other after market fork sets is that even those these look like the floating type forks (that would swing forward when you tilt forks down)...they are not! They lock to the frame and are a breeze to adjust the forks and the frame is light enough I can shove it out of the way when they are detached.

I would recommend if you look at this brand that you do not be tempted into the larger size sets unless you have a much larger FEL because a set was initially delivered here by accident and though they hooked on tractor they were huge! About 450lbs!
    I will tell you what convinced me on that model of compact forks, it was the video of that larger about 50 horse kubota on Everything Attachments using these forks and lifting far more than my tractor would ever lift, and the easy adjustment of the forks, convinced me they were right for my tractor, and yes they are light, lighter than the bucket, and that is what you need for these small tractors to get more lifting ability. Of course they are not right for all tractors, but for my L3400HST they were just what I needed

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Thanks for all the great info everyone - really appreciate it!!

I was already leaning towards the EA forks, and the info/suggestions provided solidified it.

Not much available or suggested on the Bobcat forks, which is what I wanted to see. Neither me or my Bc dealer can find the weight of them, and they will end up being more expensive than the EA.

Thanks again, and look forward to learning and someday contributing.
    JG

Tractor
    JD 4200

If you're handy with a welder make your own. I got the forks and frame for $75. at an auction, had some channel and angle iron laying around and bought the connecting hardware from Deere. They cost about $160. total.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -finished-forks-jpg  
    2001 JD 4200, 420 loader, HF Quick Hitch, bucket boom, back blade, boom pole, forks, carry-all, moldboard plow, middle buster, receiver hitch, post hole digger.

My Pics
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...0/ppuser/33421

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

I just purchased a set of clamp on forks for my FEL...
    The cost was $169 delivered to my door...
    They weigh 49# each and have a capacity of 4000#...
    I realize that these forks are overkill for my FEL's capacity...
    I also realize that they are not as good an option as a quick attach set...
    However...
    I was looking at the cost benefit ratio of a quick attach adapter plate @ $500 with another $500 for the forks...
    Plus I would have to cut the ears off of my current bucket...
    That is over $1000 for a set of pallet forks...
    I just could not justify the cost...
    My next tractor will have a higher FEL capacity so those forks will still come in handy...
    I can tell you that I have moved a lot of stuff lately around the house with those forks...
    I am very well pleased...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BobCat CT230

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I will tell you what convinced me on that model of compact forks, it was the video of that larger about 50 horse kubota on Everything Attachments using these forks and lifting far more than my tractor would ever lift, and the easy adjustment of the forks, convinced me they were right for my tractor, and yes they are light, lighter than the bucket, and that is what you need for these small tractors to get more lifting ability. Of course they are not right for all tractors, but for my L3400HST they were just what I needed

James K0UA
    +1

Picked up the same set my self. Plenty strong and does not steal your lift capacity at ~210 lbs.

Steve

Tractor
    Bobcat CT 335

The Bob Tach attachment system and a set of good forks is the only way to go if you own a tractor. Tons of uses I find more all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2011-07-16_07-51-34_407-a   -2011-07-16_15-04-37_824-a  
    Duckhunter. Nebraska.
    Bobcat CT335 HST, FEL, Bob Tech bucket,48 inch Pallet Forks, 7 ft rear blade, 5ft MF bushhog, BB2566 Land Pride Box Blade, Post hole digger, 2 bottom Dearborn plow,12 acres.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    .l5460, bcs 725, 852

I am still undecided about how stout/heavy a set of qa pallet forks I should buy for my soon to have l5260 with an la1055 FEL.

2000 lbs might work and would be lighter (250lbs), but since I will probably sometimes max with FEL with logs, etc I am wondering if I should step up to something more in the #3500 range (#400).

I just don't how much weight the la1055 can lift in the ideal case. Also my concern if I weight the forks unevenly, a set rated at 2000 might fail even when lifting say #1500 which I would expect the la1055 is capable of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast