Buying Advice Pallet fork recommendations?

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #1  

wtfgreen

Hello everyone.
I just got my first tractor, a new CT235, and one of the attachments I want to get ASAP is a good set of pallet forks.
I have roughly 18 acres of woods I need to do some maintenance in, and would like to use the forks to stack logs for cutting/drying, move a wood hopper around in winter, as well as place heavy items in racks when not in use - snowmobile in the summer for instance.
Wondering what people suggest as the best set of forks for the money?

Thanks!!
JG

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #2  
Everything attachments Compact Pallet forks. ( made by Construction attachments)

Construction Attachments 42" Compact Tractor loader Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42

James K0UA

Attachments

• IMG00069.jpg
    IMG00069.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 1,334
  • IMG00070.jpg
    IMG00070.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 1,213
   / Pallet fork recommendations? #4  
I bought a set of skid steer forks off of craigslist for $300 but they are really too heavy for my CT230. I would go with something as light as you can find that can withstand your loader ratings so you don't loose a lot of lift capacity.

It seems like when I was looking I found a set of 2000lb forks on eBay, I don't remember the name of the place but you might try searching there in addition to what k0ua gave you.

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #5  
Don't buy a full sized 4000lb set of skidsteer forks but don't get bucket forks either. 42 inch light duty 2000lb capacity quick attach forks would be a good match for your loader lift capabilities.

The ones recommended above from construction attachments look fine though I am surprised at the price as you can get a full sized set for not much more. Might be worth checking eBay too.

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #6  
I kept hunting for a used set but only found forks that were to big and heavy for my CK30hst(CT230 kin). I finally bought the EA ones mentioned by K0ua. They're listed as weighing 220lbs with a capacity of 1800lbs. They seem lighter than 220 if I move them around by hand. As Island mentioned, a 2400lb set isn't that much more but it's overkill and adding more weight for our smaller loader capacity. Mine work well for what the loader can handle.

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #8  
Bobcat offers a set of lighter wieght forks specificly for the tractor, don't weigh nearly as much as skid-laoder forks. Price is is same ball park as Everything Attachemnts.

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #9  
If you're capable of making your own, get a set of forks & rails from atvexpress on ebay! ~~ grnspot

/ Pallet fork recommendations? #10  
I bought at set of 48 inch forks and use the extra 6 inches often when moving things. When carrying full pallets they go all the way through and limit stacking some but when used for logs are helpful.

just food for thought