Tractor Sizing Brush Cutter Size

/ Brush Cutter Size #1  

CKJ Farm

Tractor
Bobcat
I'm looking closely at purchasing a ct335. I recently built a home on 20 acres which is all cleared and flat with a lot of grass. What is the widest brush cutter (bush hog) that this tractor will handle? Hoping that a 6' cutter isn't too much. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

/ Brush Cutter Size #2  
Land already cleared and flat, CT335 will handle that fine with 6' cutter. A front end loader or weight kit is recommended if your running a heavy duty cutter such as Bobcat sells.

/ Brush Cutter Size #3  
I used a 6' rotary cutter for about 6 hours today!! DANG IT WAS HOT!!!!

I cut HEAVY brush and weeds on a farm where we deer hunt that has not been cut in 5-6 years, needless to say, pretty good test on my SS CT335!!

Put it in Medium range, 1st gear, cranked it up to about 2200rpm and never a problem in the weeds.

One plot was more grass than weeds and it was A LOT harder to cut, ended up in Low Range 3rd gear to cut some of it.

6' Cutter, Fine for the CT335

Last edited:
   / Brush Cutter Size
Thanks for the info. Pretty well made up my mind.

/ Brush Cutter Size #5  
Just bought a howse 60 inch cutter 2 days ago...very impressed! If your mowing grasses your golden with a 72"... I have 80 acres of some of the most dense bush you caould imagine...so the 60 was the ticket as we'll be workin through 20 solid acres of 6' tall twin berry bushes...amongst other fun things ;)

Getter and GO!

/ Brush Cutter Size #6  
You can run a 84" twin spindle cutterif you want the widest cutt possible. A twin spindle cutter will run with much less hp.
Where are your from.
I have some real good deals on some CT335 right now!

/ Brush Cutter Size
wallace said:
You can run a 84" twin spindle cutterif you want the widest cutt possible. A twin spindle cutter will run with much less hp.
Where are your from.
I have some real good deals on some CT335 right now!

Central Louisiana