CT235

/ CT235 #1  

mwilli16

I've read so many threads my eyes are about to pop out! Anyway, I've got an International 460 Utility w/ FEL that is on its last leg. Its been worth a million dollars, but its time to replace it. Its more tractor than I need as I use it to move dirt, mulch, rocks, help split firewood, burn brush piles, move snow and tinker in the woods. Specs say its gas engine is 61 HP. I'm wondering, from a CT owners prospective, is a CT235 enough tractor for my needs? Some of the trees we fall are pretty big and the muscle of the 460 is nice when dragging those out of the woods. But I suppose I could cut them into smaller sections if the 235 has enough guts to pull anything with any size to it. Snow removal and firewood will be the heaviest items....any thoughts?

/ CT235 #2  
You're giving up at least 1500 lbs in machine weight. So for pulling power it will be a bit less, but it will be superior to it at every other task.

/ CT235 #3  
More than enough. You have to remember, you are going from an old "farm" tractor w/ a gas engine to a modern compact tractor w/ a diesel engine. The diesel has more torque than a gas even at a lesser HP. That will do everything you want to do and much more manueverable and easier to use. Night and day difference.

/ CT235
Awesome! Glad to hear your positive feedback. Thank you! Will send picks if I can get off my wallet :)