Bobcat mmm?s

/ Bobcat mmm?s #11  
I know this is a very old thread, but...

I have a CT230 and am giving thought to installing a mid-mount mower 66" for weekly cutting of a 4 acre, flat smooth field. I'm going for the groomed "estate" look. (I assure you our humble home is anything but an estate).

Anyone have any up to date experience and opinions on the Bobcat 66" MMM? Some early posts discussed scalping/height adjustment issues , though that may be installation error.

What do you know please?

/ Bobcat mmm?s #12  
I looked into getting one but opted not to. #1 I don't like the fact that it will be harder to get on and off than a three point one. #2 u can't use 3 point with it on unless u pin it up. #3 that it is a heavy tractor for nice lawns. #4 I dint want to put the extra hours on my tractor. Unless that was its sole purpose (lawn mowers r cheeper). I don't want the burden of removing it every time I want to use tractor for other things that could damage the deck or hinder my tractors ability. Plus they r over 2 grand new and u need mid a mid pto. I think that's why u see deals on slightly used ones. Why not a rear finish mower cheeper, easier and wider cut. Or put the money toward a nice zero turn. Just my opinion.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #13  
I just thought of something else. If u put a mmm on it sooner or later someone is going to call it a lawn mower. Granted a bad a** Lawn mower but still they would right. Ha ha ha.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #14  
I looked into getting one but opted not to. #1 I don't like the fact that it will be harder to get on and off than a three point one. #2 u can't use 3 point with it on unless u pin it up. #3 that it is a heavy tractor for nice lawns. #4 I dint want to put the extra hours on my tractor. Unless that was its sole purpose (lawn mowers r cheeper). I don't want the burden of removing it every time I want to use tractor for other things that could damage the deck or hinder my tractors ability. Plus they r over 2 grand new and u need mid a mid pto. I think that's why u see deals on slightly used ones. Why not a rear finish mower cheeper, easier and wider cut. Or put the money toward a nice zero turn. Just my opinion.

I agree with your thinking. However, let's just suppose I might invest in a decent used second CT230 that would become the giant lawn mower. We'd never take the mower off.

What opinions or real world experience do some of you have with the Bobcat Mid Mount Mower? Well built? Does it cut well? Is it indeed prone to scalping? Any other problem areas with the mower itself or the tractor's ability to operate it?

/ Bobcat mmm?s #15  
I looked into the 54" MMM for my ct122, and decided against it. It appeared to be very well made, but in my case, The mower seemed very small for how wide the tractor is. One of the main selling points of a mmm over a rear finish mower to me would be the ability to edge around trees without swinging wide. In your case, another selling point may be that the mower would be suspended between the wheels, limiting the see-saw motion over bumps. This would give a better finish cut. If you have the ability to get one and feel like it would be a better investment than a rear mower, I'd go ahead and get it since Bobcat won't be making them anymore.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #16  
I looked into the 54" MMM for my ct122, and decided against it. It appeared to be very well made, but in my case, The mower seemed very small for how wide the tractor is. One of the main selling points of a mmm over a rear finish mower to me would be the ability to edge around trees without swinging wide. In your case, another selling point may be that the mower would be suspended between the wheels, limiting the see-saw motion over bumps. This would give a better finish cut. If you have the ability to get one and feel like it would be a better investment than a rear mower, I'd go ahead and get it since Bobcat won't be making them anymore.

I already have a rear 3 point finish mower and a brush hog. I've been kicking this around to keep down the hours on our primary CT230. Kind of crazy thinking isn't it?

I doubt I'll ever wear out the CT230.