Tires flat rear tire

/ flat rear tire #1  

stevestud99

Tractor
bobcat ct230
well i had my 1st flat on tractor tire rear just lately i took it off. Took tire to garage for i could take a better look at it took tire half off rim checked inside didnt see anything protruding threw it thought i had a nail in it or something ,well didnt see anything so wanted to fill it up so put tire back on rim wow what a fight kinda , got it back on ,tried to fill ,no luck on getting bead to set.i struggled approx 5 hours on this thing using ether. using strap method ,lots of soap . nothing worked, strap looked like it was going to work pushed sides in but i put air chuck on it and still air blowing threw it like nothing , well after all this said **** with it put it in truck took to town and the guy said at shop the air valve itself was leaking air and he tightened that and used a bead blaster to fill it and he had no problems , so long story short he charged me sixteen dollars which wasnt bad considering all my time i put into it but i wish i had checked that which i didnt .anyways any comments are welcomed and maybe i should have posted on here my troubles in the 1st place , oh well lesson learned.

/ flat rear tire #2  
Anyone who fixes his own problems gets beaten by a simple thing once in a while. It happens to all of us. At least I hope it's not just not you and me. :laughing:

It sounds like the tire guy did you right though.

/ flat rear tire #3  
Here is another advantage of filled tires I hadn't thought of till now. If you have flat, look for the wet spot on the tire before taking it apart.

Just a tip on fixing rear tires, it is usually much easier to remove and reinstall a rear tractor tire with the wheel on the tractor.