Comparison Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti?

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Also,

Is Bobcat better than Kioti?
Why?

Can I get 4wd on Bobcat Tractor? (their website stinks and was unclea on this)?

I'm a newbie shopping for the biggest tractor for he least $$$ total cost.

Thanks in advance,
David

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #2  
Same tractor. Daedong- Korea. Also sold at McCormick in red, I believe. Of course, different loaders may apply. May also may want to price an LS, as per your desire for biggest bang for the buck.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #3  
Bobcat and Kiota are owned by the same Korean company.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #4  
Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti?
Confirmed - sort of. Daedong builds both in South Korea. The plant is here 1-12 Buk-Ri, Nongong-Eup, Dalseong-Gun - Google Maps.

Also,
Is Bobcat better than Kioti?
Why?
They are almost the same thing, sharing many parts. However, Bobcat and Kioti each offer different attachments, so you need to look at those. And you want to be sure you like the particular dealer for the one you choose.

Can I get 4wd on Bobcat Tractor? (their website stinks and was unclea on this)?

Yup. I believe they are all 4WD. As are the Kiotis.

I'm a newbie shopping for the biggest tractor for he least $$$ total cost.
You're on the right track. Both offer great value and excellent quality. Get out to your local dealers and test drive them! Have fun.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti?
I don't believe Bobcat is owned by Daedong. Rather, Bobcat buys tractors from Daedong.

whiskywizard,

My research lead me to the fact they were different companies, but I suspected Kioti was building the Bobcat tractors...

PS - Do you distill?

Thanks,
David

Of course, different loaders may apply. May also may want to price an LS, as per your desire for biggest bang for the buck.

Which loader is better?

LS? which company is that?

Thanks again,
David

However, Bobcat and Kioti each offer different attachments, so you need to look at those.

How do evaluate their attachments?

what criteria do I use to evaluate them?

Remember, I'm a novice and easily impressed by shiny stuff and chrome...

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #10  
Which loader is better?

LS? which company is that?

Thanks again,
David

Here are the spec sheet links for the loaders. I've never heard of one being unreliable in any way. Other folks will chime in here if they have experienced problems....
Kioti
Bobcat

What size tractor you're looking for?

LS Tractors seem to be gaining popularity. I'm not very knowledgable re LS. Others here can offer more info and of better quality than I can.

I had lots of experience with larger tractors but none with compact utility tractors, so I had to do the same research you're doing now. My secondary research led me to Kioti. So far, I'm very happy with my little 2011 CK20S with hydrostatic transmission. It does more than I need in my current situation.

I too looked closely at the differences between Kioti and Bobcat. I had no problems with the Bobcat company or the tractors but wasn't thrilled with the dealer.