CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #1  

jcims

Gold Member
Hi there,

I was doing a little light grading tonight and my CT235 (36hrs) just shut down (almost like the dead man's switch was opened). I looked at the dash and noted that the battery and oil pressure lights were lit. The tractor is sitting on a ~5-10% grade currently, but the crankcase oil is right at the top notch.

Seems like some kind of ignition shunt, presumably a low oil pressure safety dealio, battery seems fine and it turns over just fine.

Any ideas? No oil on the ground.

Thanks!

Bob

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #2  
Hi there,

I was doing a little light grading tonight and my CT235 (36hrs) just shut down (almost like the dead man's switch was opened). I looked at the dash and noted that the battery and oil pressure lights were lit. The tractor is sitting on a ~5-10% grade currently, but the crankcase oil is right at the top notch.

Seems like some kind of ignition shunt, presumably a low oil pressure safety dealio, battery seems fine and it turns over just fine.

Any ideas? No oil on the ground.

Thanks!

Bob
The oil light and alternator light were only on because your tractor was shut down and the key was still on. That is normal. Once the tractor starts those lights will go out.
Your tractor shut down for some other reason.

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #3  
There is no Auto shutdown on these tractors for low oil pressure or hot coolant like on the skid loaders and other Bobcat equipment.
Your safety switches are working or it wouldn't crank.
If it turns over but won't start, it's not getting fuel... Is there fuel in the tank, more importantly fuel in the filter bowl?

Do you here the definite click of the fuel solenoid coming on and off each time you trun the key? If not check fuse and relay for the fuel solenoid.

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil
I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time folks. Basically after this happened, I had about five minutes to troubleshoot it before leaving for an appointment. An hour or so later, while waiting around, I posted this question.

If it wasn't embarrassing enough that I didn't realize why the oil pressure light was coming on (shakes head), upon returning I realized I had my facts wrong as well. It wasn't turning over at all.

The seat switch had come unhooked. I reconnected it and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #5  
No problem. Easier to set here and try to think of all the troubleshooting possiblities than have it happen to us and doing on our own out in the pasture. Glad you found it and let us know.

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #6  
I always say these days with modern equipment...check the safety devices/switches. Always glad when its something simple.

/ CT235 shut down, oil light on, no start, plenty of oil #7  
No problem. I also have a CT 235 and was hoping the problem was something easy vs. something to really worry about!:thumbsup:

MoKelly