Tach/Electrical Issue

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #11  
Ok same issue here with my CT335....I have no Tach, or idiot lights. If I turn the ignition switch several times they will come on....WTH?
I am calling the dealer tomorrow.
S.F.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue
Ok same issue here with my CT335....I have no Tach, or idiot lights. If I turn the ignition switch several times they will come on....WTH?
I am calling the dealer tomorrow.
S.F.

Let us know what you find out!

/ Tach/Electrical Issue
Spent most of the day checking the ground and positive cables, no issues found.

The ONLY power I get to the dash is turning the key backwards and I get the glow plug light, with key off I can turn flashers on and hear the flasher buzzing-clicking but the lights do not lite up.

Occasionally I can move the key to the on position and hear the relays licking, but that rarely happens.

I do get good voltage to the key switch.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #14  
I had trouble with my tach and gauges not working a couple times last fall. I ended up having to pull the ground cable from the battery off the tractor frame and cleaning that connection real well. It was corroded and pitting slightly. I polished the frame and the ring terminal then put some battery post terminal spray over the reassembled connection to keep it clean. It has worked fine since. I know that you stated you had voltage at the key switch, but have you pulled the bolt that connects the battery ground cable to the tractors frame to physically check that connection? It has been a consistent trouble spot that has caused instrument problems on these machines.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #15  
Talked to the dealer yesterday.... I have a new ignition switch coming. After explaining about the electrical issues, we thought it was the main computer. If you wiggle the last plug under the hood closest to the main computer, the tractor will try and start! Short somewhere!
The entire dash panel has been going nuts!! Turn on the 4wd, tach works, hit the brakes, the hour meter works but the tach will stop. It's crazy!
I sure hope it's the ignition switch like they think it is or I'm up a ***** creek in a chicken wire canoe.
S.F.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #16  
Did the switch fix your issue?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #17  
I am having the same dash issues. My ct235 has no lights, hour meter,tachometer or temp guage. The tach comes on sometimes but as soon as I turn on the lights all the dash dies. Any answers?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #18  
So did anyone ever get their tractors fixed?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #19  
No. I called the dealer and he had no ideas other than to bring the machine to him. That involves a ferry ride, 1.5 hr drive and great expense. I have checked and replaced the battery terminals, checked cleaned and re attached the ground and no difference. The tach will come alive for short periods but when the lights are tried it dies immediately. With winter coming this is a real pain, especially with a tractor with less than 150 hours on it. Any ideas, or has anybody with the same issues found a fix.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #20  
I fixed mine this morning, found that the starter relay was bad. So far so good been using it most of the day with no issues. My relay was under the hood kind of on the firewall but mine is a CT450. When I grabbed the relay mine dash would come in and out, so I swapped it out with new one and its been good.