Tach/Electrical Issue

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #21  
I fixed mine this morning, found that the starter relay was bad. So far so good been using it most of the day with no issues. My relay was under the hood kind of on the firewall but mine is a CT450. When I grabbed the relay mine dash would come in and out, so I swapped it out with new one and its been good.

Thanks. I will try that.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #22  
You can clean the battery all you want and it won't mean nothing to the dash.
Find all the chassis connections for all lights and all instrumentation. Turning the lights on and losing the instruments says it all.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #23  
My ct440 just developed the same issue. 129 hours and it just started this intermittent dash freakouts but it goes definitly when I try the lights. It acted up sometimes when setting the park brake but I tried the lights just before dark and the dash stayed out and I had no lights ending my firewood cutting for the day. Hopefully the dealer here will be of some help since its not even a year old. Otherwise this has been a great machine so far

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #24  
Turned out to be a relay on the firewall. Also found the battery cables were wore pretty well but be didn't have any on the truck. The cables were a seperate issue from the dash but could've led to a problem not far down the road. So we are back in action

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #25  
I just changed the starter relay for a new one. No difference. In fact the tractor now does not even fire. Horn works and battery power seems good but no dash, starter or lights. Anybody have any more suggestions for a dead ct235.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #26  
Your no start issue hmm, did you try to put back in the relay you took out? It could be a wiring issue to and from the relay. My relay had a epoxy type glue that was crack and made its contact loose, so when I replaced mine everything started to work fine. So far so good its been a few months and several hours of operation later with no issues. Also when you check the battery, don't forget to check charging of the alternator, output voltage at different rpms and idle. And make sure you alternator belt is good and tight.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #27  
I got the tractor to go, it was the drive pedal not centred. However the tach and other problems still happen. The lights just came back to life but not sure how long they will last. As I said before the new starter relay did not work at all so put the old one back in and most things are working for now. Is there a way to test a starter relay to see if it is faulty? Anybody have any further suggestions on the electrical issues with the dash?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #28  
Hello from New Hampshire! I just developed the same problem with my 2012 CT-335 HST today.
I started the tractor and all was fine with the instrument panel. The tractor was idling for about
30 minutes while I made some adjustments to the 3pt snow blower. When I finished, I decided to
take it for a short ride down the driveway to check out my adjustments. When I got behind the
wheel, I noticed that the temp guage wasn't functioning. I then noticed that the only thing that
was showing was the 4wd indicator, which should have been off since I didn't have 4wd on.

What's working: Engine starts and runs OK.
Horn, brake lights, turn signals, glow plug indicator, 4wd indicator (works backwards)

What's not working: Head lights, rear work lights, tachometer, temp gauge, hour meter

No other instrument panel warning lights function.

All fuses beneath the dash are OK. Battery terminals appear OK and tractor starts OK.
I notice from reading this thread that the problem has been around since at least September 2011.
I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted as to what they find, if anything.
I haven't had a chance to check connectors under the hood. Some of them seem to require being
a contortionist, and I'm in no shape to be a contortionist at this time.:eek:uch:

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #29  
Bobcat dealer showed up this morning and found the problem - a failed switched power relay, which
supplies power to most of the instrument panel, headlights and tail lights.

I'm relieved that the problem is fixed. A sticky nor'easter is headed our way for Thursday into
Friday, and I'm looking forward to finding out how well the Pronovost Puma-74 does with the
heavy snow. It works fine with the power stuff.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #30  
Bobcat dealer showed up this morning and found the problem - a failed switched power relay, which
supplies power to most of the instrument panel, headlights and tail lights.

I'm relieved that the problem is fixed. A sticky nor'easter is headed our way for Thursday into
Friday, and I'm looking forward to finding out how well the Pronovost Puma-74 does with the
heavy snow. It works fine with the power stuff.

Glad it worked out well and got fixed promptly. I'd bet your 335 will do fine with the heavy stuff, let us know how it goes.