Tach/Electrical Issue

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #1  

Rollcenter

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Bobcat CT335ss
The Tach and Hourmeter is not working all the time. 2010 Ct 335 sst.

Several times today I started the tractor and noticed no tach or hour meter readings, however after a few minutes of operation, both always started working again.

Any ideas as to what to look for?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #2  
check out your wiring harness, sounds like a loose connection, or connector plug, possibly a loose ground

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #3  
If you don't find a loose connection, then check for your dealer's phone number:thumbsup:

They may want to help out with some warranty work if they hear about the trouble with your tractor.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #4  
The hour meter runs off signal from the alternator, when alternator is turning the hour meter registors. The Tach runs off signal from an RPM sensor on the engine. Both signals are sent to the Operation Control Unit then to the instrument panel. The only common connection they have is at the plug to the panel, check this to see if it is loose. If not call your dealer as the next most likely problem is the OPCU.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue
I have also noticed that when the Tach/Hour meter is not working, the headlights will not work either. Like I said earlier, after a few mins, they aways begin to work. I will check the connection however as it does act like something is loose.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #6  
Check the ground on the right side of the frame near the hood access latch. It can take some abuse in high brush.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #7  
I've got a 2010 CT335 with the same problem. Had the service guy out in March to look at it under warranty. Said he couldn't find the direct problem, but just went through and wiggle checked everything. That took care of the problem until last week when it started doing it again.

Guess I'll get 'em back out again and tell 'em to fix it right this time.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue
Update:

I kinda got used to this issue, no big deal I thought, well today it became a big issue!!

Had not used tractor in a couple weeks, went out, hopped on and I have a lack of voltage to everything.

Battery is charged to 100%

I can turn key and I get nothing. No lights, no horn, nothing. I can wiggle and shake the dash and occasionally get it to turn over a couple of times. I can turn flasher on and occasionally can get a faint buzz. Somewhere I'm not getting a good connection. Battery posts and terminals are clean.

Any ideas?

/ Tach/Electrical Issue #9  
I started to have the same problem with my CT335 last week. I have tried wiggle checking everything and sometimes the dash comes back and sometimes it doesn't. Only real problem I have had with my Bobcat.

/ Tach/Electrical Issue
Whatever it is, I cant fix it. A couple different times I had the relays clicking like crazy with the dash lighting up when the key was turned on. Only thing I get consistently is turning the key backwards and getting the glow plug lights on and I can hear the plug relay I guess clicking.

I'm betting on the computer being down.

Dead in the water, nearest dealer 2.5 hours away, laid off this week due to Obamas war on coal! All that equals to be selling this machine, CHEAP!!!! Has 8tb backhow, 8tl loader, 6' bush hog, 6' roto tiller, 200 and some hours on machine.