Big round bales

/ Big round bales #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
Moved big round bales with my ct 335 and my pallet forks worked great.

Attachments

• 2011-10-28_11-49-44_486.jpg
    2011-10-28_11-49-44_486.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 2,244
  • 2011-10-28_11-50-01_953.jpg
    2011-10-28_11-50-01_953.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
   / Big round bales #3  
We use pallet forks for stacking. We stack on end under the barn. I am not really sure why, that's just the way we do it. The forks make turning them on end a lot easier though.

/ Big round bales
I can't belive how much i have used the forks they seem to work to do about anything from digging to lifting to moving pallets which i use them the least for lol. Great investment so glad i bought them.

/ Big round bales #5  
I have both spear and forks. When it comes time to feed a bale I use whichever one is on the loader at the time. IMO the spear works better when stacking or taking down from the upper stack, no damage to twine on the lower bales. I got the spear first then added the forks, if I had the forks first probably wouldn't have invested in the spear.

/ Big round bales #6  
since they seem to work pretty good, now use them to load said hay on trailer and please deliver pronto to western east central texas thank you

/ Big round bales #7  
since they seem to work pretty good, now use them to load said hay on trailer and please deliver pronto to western east central texas thank you

I would but since I have to buy my hay and my trailer only holds 6 bales at time, don't think either of us could afford it.:laughing:

/ Big round bales #8  
Are those 5'x5' bales? Around here it seems 4x5 is the common round size and then they go to big squares for larger bales.
I'm impressed your tractor could pick them up. I have to go down a bit of slope to feed my bales and 4x5 is as heavy as I want on spear!

/ Big round bales
Yes they are 5x5 . And i had to put my bush hog on the back. I tried picking them with out it and rear tires came up. I was surpriced how stable my tractor was with one on forks although i carried them about 6 inches off the ground as i had uneven ground and about 1/4 mile to move them.