Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    bobcat ct230

Default ct230 mid pto lever

hey guys my 1st problem has arose i was moving some brush in my grove when tractor died on me , i noticed my mid pto lever was real lose and the pto lite was lit up maybe some brush got in there anyway now my lever is real lose and it flops back and forth with no tension maybe something broke in side because my lever is still attached down below the tractor and the switch is still hooked up for now i tied my lever back with some rope just to get me by for now , i noticed on the other lever there is a spring maybe im missing mine for the mid pto lever but not the one for the rear pto lever is still working correctly any ideas with this thanks steve

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: ct230 mid pto lever

Attached is a parts illustration of the mid-pto kit. There is no spring there but check roll pin #21. If it is sheared handle will flop and acitvate the switch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    bobcat ct230

i will check it out thanks dennis

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat ct230, 35 hp Massey Furgeson 3Cyl Diesel

Hello I have the same trouble with my CT 230, what was the problem? and how did you fix it

Thank you.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

I have the same problem with mine. My roll pin is good, I pounded it out and checked it. I assume something is broken on the inside but I am waiting till I need to change the fluids before I take the mid PTO apart. The fluid is to expensive just to waste!

I would be interested to know what any of you guys find out about yours.
    Bobcat CT230, Woods BH80-X Backhoe, Caroni 72" finish mower, County Line 60" tiller, 72" United Boxblade, 72" County Line rotary mower, Quick hitch

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

weird that these are all CT-230's

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Hi All,
    I'm new to this site but i recently discovered the same problem. I was using my rear PTO for the first time on my CT235 when using a brush mower and I got off the tractor without disengaging the rear PTO and obviously the tractor shut off. When i tried to restart after taking the PTO out of gear the tractor wouldn't start as the PTO light was still on so I got off the tractor and turned the shaft on the mower a bit and the light went off. After I was done mowing and I turned off the rear PTO the light was still on so I tried to figure it out and realized the Mid PTO lever was forward and wouldn't stay in the off position so I wedged a Glove between the fender and the lever and everything was ok. The only thing i can figure is when I was turning off the rear PTO I must have engaged the Mid PTO for the first time and something wasn't properly installed from the dealer. Being there is no external spring on the Mid PTO lever there must be some type of internal lock??? Does anyone know what the problem must be?

Thanks,

TJ

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Hi,

Any updates on these CT230's

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat ct230, 35 hp Massey Furgeson 3Cyl Diesel

My tractor has been fixed, just came back from the dealer, after one month, but let's face it I live 210 mile from the dealer, but they pick up the tractor and brought it back at no charge. Also they did not have the parts in stock and had to order them, and since I live way up in Northern Ontario it took a while to get the parts.

I do not know exactly what they did but they told me that a bracket was bent and because this happened, when I pushed on the front PTO it moved the gear out of center, moving this gear too far on the pto shaft inside the Pto gear box, and it striped it. Also I had an oil leak and they tell me they had to split the tractor, to go inside the transmition.

I would have like to know exactly what they did, but that is the only explanation they gave me, I even ask if I had maybe done this and how, but they could not tell, I ask if it was because I had push the front pto lever when the rear pto was on, but they said no.

One other thing that I don't think is very good on the tractor, the 2 neutral pto switch bracket, it has bent a few times, if this happens the tractor will not start, and you have to push it back in place, I am going to remove the left rear fender and fix this bracket to make it stronger.

I would also like to say that Bob Cat did all this work at no charge, and they even replaced the dif oil at no charge I have 590 hours on the tractor.

All in all I am very happy with my dealer. but maybe a little frighten about this tractor, not knowing how this happen I am afraid it will happen in the future when the tractor is no longer on warrantee, then what?

hope that some one on this forum,will know what they meant about off center and c an give us better description on how to fix, for future refernce

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by bob2299 View Post
    My tractor has been fixed, just came back from the dealer, after one month, but let's face it I live 210 mile from the dealer, but they pick up the tractor and brought it back at no charge. Also they did not have the parts in stock and had to order them, and since I live way up in Northern Ontario it took a while to get the parts.

I do not know exactly what they did but they told me that a bracket was bent and because this happened, when I pushed on the front PTO it moved the gear out of center, moving this gear too far on the pto shaft inside the Pto gear box, and it striped it. Also I had an oil leak and they tell me they had to split the tractor, to go inside the transmition.

I would have like to know exactly what they did, but that is the only explanation they gave me, I even ask if I had maybe done this and how, but they could not tell, I ask if it was because I had push the front pto lever when the rear pto was on, but they said no.

One other thing that I don't think is very good on the tractor, the 2 neutral pto switch bracket, it has bent a few times, if this happens the tractor will not start, and you have to push it back in place, I am going to remove the left rear fender and fix this bracket to make it stronger.

I would also like to say that Bob Cat did all this work at no charge, and they even replaced the dif oil at no charge I have 590 hours on the tractor.

All in all I am very happy with my dealer. but maybe a little frighten about this tractor, not knowing how this happen I am afraid it will happen in the future when the tractor is no longer on warrantee, then what?

hope that some one on this forum,will know what they meant about off center and c an give us better description on how to fix, for future refernce
    It sounds like to me when the bracket got bent it let the gear go to far and not all of it was contacting like it should which let it strip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast