Silver Member

Default CT335 - MLS Valve Issue

OK, need some help here.

My CT335's MLS valve knob is stuck. I can not loosen it and I sure don't want to try and turn it any harder than I have as it will surely snap the shaft that goes into the case and then I have really big problems.

The 3pt goes up and down, I just have no control over how fast. If I push the lowering lever (?) (on right side) the 3pt will kind of jump down. I basically can not feather it.

Anyone know how I can fix it short of splitting the case?

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: CT335 - MLS Valve Issue

Drops quickly now would indicate it is full open to fast side so don't try to turn it to any faster, keep trying to turn towards the turtle. Spray some good penitrate right at shaft wear it goes into the MLS valve and let it soak and trying. PB Blaster is pretty good stuff, there are others out there too.

If you have to remove it the MLS valve unbolts and comes out as an assembly without having to take the complete Rock Shaft Housing off the top.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    Drops quickly now would indicate it is full open to fast side so don't try to turn it to any faster, keep trying to turn towards the turtle.
    No, it does not drop fast. It only drops fast because once I "defeat" the pressure on the up/down lever, it drops to where the lever setting is at.

The KNOB between your feet is stuck in the position a closed outside faucet would be in. (I don't know if that is actually part of the MLS valve itself)

If you have to remove it the MLS valve unbolts and comes out as an assembly without having to take the complete Rock Shaft Housing off the top.
    Where does it unbolt from?

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Seat will have to come off the see the MLS valve & where that adjusting rod connects to it. Follow that rod back and you will see where a pin goes through the linkage and into a round shaft. Spray that shaft with some loosening agent.

What I meant by dropping fast is when you lower the lever 3pt comes down fast or faster than you can control. That tells me the adjustment may to fully to the rabbit side. Trying to avoid damage work it towards the turtle (slower) setting after some lubricant has had time to soak.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

The one on my kubota was stuck when delivered.. I used Kroil ( a penetrating oil) and let it sit for a bit, finally got a pair of water pump pliers and "wiggled" it back and forth a bit, CAREFULLY. It soon freed up and is easy to turn now. I final lubed with Fluid film to prevent any water going down the shaft, as fluid film stays put.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member

Thanks, that did the trick.