Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    CK25HST FEL

Default Re: Removing my FEL

I have the CK25 with the pin on bucket and it really only takes 5 minutes or so to put back on if it on gravel and can be shifted around a bit by hand. Once you get the first two pins in you just adjust the curl for the other two. Sometimes I take it off just to pull all the pins to clean all the grease joints/pins. I took the loader off last summer and found it could be taken on or off in 15 minutes. I could see having the quick attach for swapping implements often but I don't have much trouble getting the bucket on or off with the pins.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheeler1 View Post
    I have the CK25 with the pin on bucket and it really only takes 5 minutes or so to put back on if it on gravel and can be shifted around a bit by hand. Once you get the first two pins in you just adjust the curl for the other two. Sometimes I take it off just to pull all the pins to clean all the grease joints/pins. I took the loader off last summer and found it could be taken on or off in 15 minutes. I could see having the quick attach for swapping implements often but I don't have much trouble getting the bucket on or off with the pins.
    That is good, I am pretty sure you are the first person to have ever stated that, at least as far as I have read

It really is easy. One little trick. Use one hand to curl the bucket while you pull on the pin with your free hand. It will pop right out when you find the sweetspot. Do the same on the other side. If you haven't had it off in 3-4 years I imagine it will be a little more difficult the first time out.

The biggest pita is the hydraulic couplers, not a ton of access and they can hold some pressure.

Once you do it once or twice, it will truly be a 5 minute job.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230 & John Deere X324

Just an update. I removed the FEL before I did my mowing on Saturday and it was actually as easy as the video, go figure. About 3 minutes off and 5 back on. The hardest part, which wasn't that hard, was the couplings. Next time I will have a rag handy for the drips that leak out while disconnecting. I believe this we be standard practice when mowing.
    Bobcat CT230
    John Deere X324
    King Kutter 72" Rear Finish Mower

Tractor
    Bobcat CT445 SST

I always take mine off when I mow. Very easy and truly a five minute job or less once you have done it a few times. Not only is it easier to maneuver around obstacles but it lowers the center of gravity of the machine somewhat so I feel a little more secure on sloping ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12