Dealer Leak Service

/ Leak Service #1  

birddriver

I noticed a leak coming from the middle of my tractor and took it in for service. I believe it was/is a hydro. leak. I have a CT 230 that I bought in December of 2010. I have 85 hours on it. Overall I am happy with the machine and most of the time I have used it for snow plowing and grass cutting. I am posting this because I just called the dealer and they informed me that they are planning to break the tractor in half to repair the problem. They seemed to believe that it would be covered under the warranty. I plan on letting everyone know what the problem was and how this N.E. Ohio dealer handles the issue. So there will be updates to come.

/ Leak Service
I spoke with the dealer yesterday. They have decided to split the tractor. No mention of what might be the problem yet. They have indicated that it might be ready by mid week. We will see. I am going to be patient and see what the end result is.

/ Leak Service #3  
Best of luck...looks like they are going to take care of you! That would be a **** of a repair bill to just hand someone without a signed estimate.

/ Leak Service
I called today and it is fixed, it took almost three weeks but it is ready as of today. I was told that it was an O-ring in the hydro unit and it was covered under warranty. No charge to me. That is a a big relief for me! I have spoken to some people that think this breakdown is a good thing because the tractor will be better than before because any problems that were developing in there would be taken care as they don't want it coming back. I hope that is the case. The dealer did seem to take a while, I had to call them for follow up and they want $$ to pick up and deliver. I am glad it is fixed and once I run it we will see how it goes. I plan on asking what the cost would have been if it was not covered by the warranty. I am new to tractors and am curious.

/ Leak Service #5  
I don't like being a killjoy but I have had problems with that since mine was 6 months old. I had o ring replaced 3 times under warranty. It still leaks a bit to this day.

/ Leak Service
It troubles me to hear that this may be a recurrent problem. It was leaking quite a bit. I did get it back and I have used it to brush hog and so far it is dry. I did not find out what it would cost to pay for it myself and some part of me does not want to know what this would cost. I called my sales person and complained about having to pay for delivery of my tractor and he agreed to deliver it free of charge, this made me happy. SO far there does not seem to be a lot of people with this problem or maybe they are just not writing about it. If it starts to leak again I will update this posting. If any of you have had this problem then let's hear about it.

/ Leak Service #7  
My suspicion Is that the rod on the selector is designed to have a small detent grove in it. The exploded photo of that portion of the tractor seems to show it. Mine does not have it, nor does the replacement rod or so I was told by dealer. They tried to double the 0-ring and that was worse. Mine only leaks a few oz in the course of a season. It is really not a big deal, but it does make me wonder about the cause.

/ Leak Service #8  
That was generous of your dealer to cover the pick-up and delivery charges. If you read your warranty it is usually pretty clear that those charges are not part of the warranty, that came out of the dealers pocket, not the manufacturers. I hope their repair will be the end of your problems.

Brian