Loader Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #1  

krazsk

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225, McCormick X10.50H
Do any of you have experience with converting a 7TL (CT2XX series tractor loader) from pin on to Bob tach? What was involved and what did it cost? Any tricks or shortcuts? Aftermarket vendor? How do you convert the bucket from pin on to Bob tach?

I really think I want to do it, but want to steal someone else's research and ideas and avoid someone else mistakes and regrets.

Do you have any interesting new bucket attachments?

Thanks,

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #2  
You can buy the QA parts from BC or get aftermarket ones. You can sell your bucket and buy a new one or weld a QA plate on your old bucket. There has been previous posts about this. Just search it out.

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #3  
I still do not understand why people continue to buy the pin on system instead of the Bobtach.
I do not even understand why Bobcat even continues to manufacture the pin on

:confused2:

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on
Canada, Actually I did search for this before I put the post up, and nothing jumped out at me. I tried Bob tach, and quick attach, and bobcat loaders, but do you have a hint on how to find the threads? I believe you that this has probably been answered or discussed before, but I didn't find anything when I looked. I apologize if the question was naive or ignorant.

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #5  
Canada, Actually I did search for this before I put the post up, and nothing jumped out at me. I tried Bob tach, and quick attach, and bobcat loaders, but do you have a hint on how to find the threads? I believe you that this has probably been answered or discussed before, but I didn't find anything when I looked. I apologize if the question was naive or ignorant.

Here is my thread in converting a Kubota to QA..Don't let the first part of the thread dissuade you from doing this. I would do it again, and was thinking about actually doing it to gain another bucket.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/208653-so-you-think-converting-pin.html

James K0UA

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #6  
Yup, search in the Kioti forums too. That is probably where I saw it.

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #7  
I switched 7TL over to Bobtach. I ground the pin plates off the old bucket and welded on a pre-made mounting frame. Only thing to be aware of if yours is Rhino built loader and bucket, the top of the mounting frame sets up about 6" higher than the vertical back of the bucket. I welded a couple pieces of angle from the top of the mounting frame to the bucket to give it a little extra support and makes nice spot for hooking a chain. (photo attached) The Bobcat built bucket has a taller back so the mounting frame will fit better. If not sure what bucket you have look at the holes in the cutting edge, if there a 2 rows of holes along the front lip of the bucket it is a Bobcat bucket and only 1 row it is Rhino bucket. The same Bobtach fits both the Rhino & Bobcat built loader.

You may want to contact Rick Wallace on here. Someone else asked this same question a couple months ago and Rick quoted him what I thought was a very good price on the Bobtach and new bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_0019[1].JPG
    IMG_0019[1].JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
   / Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on
thanks doxie, did you get the conversion kit from Bobcat? Do you remember what it costs? The top of your bucket looks pretty familiar.

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #9  
thanks doxie, did you get the conversion kit from Bobcat? Do you remember what it costs? The top of your bucket looks pretty familiar.

I bought mine from the dealer last year. List price is over $700, probably closer to $800 now but I got a lower price since I wasn't in big hurry and they ordered it on stock order so no freight charges. I also bought the mounting frame from them at same time. I don't know what, if anything, is available in and aftermarket that fits this loader. I like the Bobcat one, it comes with new pivot pins and width between the cylinder holes is spaced to allow the bucket level indicater fit.

/ Bob tach 7TL vs. pin on #10  
Krazsk W.R.Long makes a after market adaptor plate to convert from pin on to bob tach. They can make one for almost every make of tractor you can think of. The web sit is www.wrlong.com